Just bought the parrot disco, will keep my phantom 3 in addition.

That was not a very steep climb. This thing is moving at 45-60 mph most of the time. The software limits the climb rate to whatever is best for the drone regardless of my input. It sort of removes the complete fun of the experience but still leaves enough to keep you wanting to fly it. It is like an autopilot that is very loose. It watches for movements and throttle pushes that could endanger the aircraft and it wont let you do them.

Just on the side, you had a steep climb, think of the 'G' forces on the aircraft???????.........maybe it broke in flight??????. Who knows???? What I am trying to do is help you understand why it may have crashed....I have crashed lots of RC aircraft in my time but fortunately never one that I have been sitting in at the time. I have had 'real' aircraft misbehave on me at times either by 'flight controllers' going wrong or by me doing something stupid.............just live and learn......:)

Just on the side, you had a steep climb, think of the 'G' forces on the aircraft???????.........maybe it broke in flight??????. Who knows???? What I am trying to do is help you understand why it may have crashed....I have crashed lots of RC aircraft in my time but fortunately never one that I have been sitting in at the time. I have had 'real' aircraft misbehave on me at times either by 'flight controllers' going wrong or by me doing something stupid.............just live and learn......:)
It kept flying before it crashed. The flight vertical was still in green. Not even yellow. I am not going to keep arguing with you about this. It was leveled by the time it started to nose dive. I have had 44 flights on it and this was a complete failure of the systems built to control it . The controller stopped responding to my commands and it did not listen when I yelled "****, NO!!!!" This was not a stall. This was a malfunction bird side.

Does this site not like .mov?

Not sure...........never really uploaded a video file but other seem to be able to????

I look at the parrot website and here in the UK they cost £1000 plus so they are not a cheap thing to buy and I really feel for the loss of yours.

I am trying to get to the real cause of your loss, maybe it was a total 'system' failure, at this time I just don't know......

I can email you the video. Its 59 seconds long. The thing cost $1,299. Had 44 flights on it before and it was fine. I know how to fly and have had a bunch of airplanes in my day. Message me your email and I will send it. Its 50mb

Complete system failure. This thing came down at a speed that would have seriously done some damage to someone or something. Thank God it went straight down into a tree.

Complete system failure. This thing came down at a speed that would have seriously done some damage to someone or something. Thank God it went straight down into a tree.

Do you have any telemetry for the last 60s that you can share????????

Other than the graph that you have already posted......

I am now thinking along the lines of a total electrical disconnect.........but that would not be the case if the motor/prop were still going?????????

What you got way back there is all I have. The log stops at the same time the video footage stops. That is the worst part about this. Everything stops. Here is another scary part. The video is not stored on my camera or in the app. ITs on the aircraft it's self. So unlike the phantom where I can have it on my phone and edit it in addition to the raw files on the bird. The Disco only carries it on the bird its self. You have to download it after the flight. What you have seen is all I have and all that was sent to the parrot engineers to figure out what happened and send me a replacement. Which I need fast. Its getting cold up here. I still have not heard back from them and plan on calling tonight.

So this data right here is that entire 2:42 flight. Then it stops. Along with the video.

Attachments

• IMG_6066 2.PNG
    IMG_6066 2.PNG
    96.6 KB · Views: 212

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31