Just bought the parrot disco, will keep my phantom 3 in addition.

Reaction score
Just bought it about an hour ago and I am going to be anxious about getting it everyday. I love my phantom and plan on keeping it, I just wanted a fixed wing and have been following the new on the disco for over a year. Pulled the trigger today. I will let you guys know how it performs. I thought about the mavic but I already have a quadcopter. Want one from each, fixed wing, quad copter.

All I can say is:

smiley_green_with_envy.gif

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I am really looking forward to it. Its something completely different then the Phantom. Having both will be fun.

I am really looking forward to it. Its something completely different then the Phantom. Having both will be fun.
awesome thinking about one myself please give a nice review on it so I can make up my mind on it plus seen a battery mod where got over hour flight time

Will do. I just confirmed it will be here friday morning and I took friday off from work. I will have more info then.

Hoping for a DBS mod on the range...... I posted on their FB page that I have the mod for my phantom and I now want it /need it for my disco.

Hoping for a DBS mod on the range...... I posted on their FB page that I have the mod for my phantom and I now want it /need it for my disco.
that might not work chuck from dbs mods did it but is having problem with geofence wont let it go any farther

I would want it for the increased reliability in signal strength even with the Geo Fencing.

As a long-time R/C flyer, I'm very interested in the Disco as an entry into turn-key FPV airplane flight. I'll be interested to see your experience

Reactions: Toddf
I saw that. I am hoping they still have a mod. I don't know how I flew my PS3 S confidently before. The mod has made a world of difference. I want that same feeling with the disco.

Welp, I like it a lot. I love my quad copter but I really enjoy this bird just as much. I have crashed it twice and I need to find out how to replace the front camera lens shield. Its very fast and there is something satisfying about this thing. I can literally soar like a bird with a good wind with no prop spinning and it is gratifying. I have not gotten more then 25 minutes flight time out of it and I plan on dealing with parrot support Monday. The range is not bad I have pushed it to the limit and its not bad. The FPV is amazing and you tend to tilt your head as you turn and stuff. I will post some videos. I am glad I got it.

Reactions: flpholt
Yep, I hit the wrong button on landing. I have flown it twice today and plan on going one more time in a little bit. This thing is a blast to fly. The FPV is not bad at all and as I am learning little techniques I am getting smoother movies. I really love this thing. I need another two batteries and also would like an aftermarket prop selection. There is nothing for this thing even in the way of spare parts and I find that a little hard to believe.

Out of ten stars I give a it a solid 8.

Yep, I hit the wrong button on landing. I have flown it twice today and plan on going one more time in a little bit. This thing is a blast to fly. The FPV is not bad at all and as I am learning little techniques I am getting smoother movies. I really love this thing. I need another two batteries and also would like an aftermarket prop selection. There is nothing for this thing even in the way of spare parts and I find that a little hard to believe.

Out of ten stars I give a it a solid 8.
so what kind of flight time you are getting

I average about 25 minutes per flight but it has been fairly windy here. I am hoping to get an honest run tomorrow. I am going to hook up with parrot support and find out about spares and also if the battery time does not increase, going to ***** a little about that.

If you throttle down can the plane be stalled, or does the software prevent this.

If you throttle down can the plane be stalled, or does the software prevent this.

It may be a specific flight mode but the demo video demonstrated that you control altitude with right stick and the flight controller handles the throttle to match your desired altitude desires (power up to climb etc).

Time to see how the customer service at Parrot holds up. Just had it drop, well not drop, powered into a dive with total disconnect. Customer support has been good on the phone so far. Sent in the logs that show where it was. the E on the one picture is the end of the flight according to the black box. It should be on the ground. Its in the air. =) IMG_6065.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl