Just bought a P3S

Reaction score
P3S
1st) I have an Samsung S8+ I notice that app has some problem with S8+.
I email support last night.

3.1.8 has problem with Samsung S8+
When you click Return to home altitude setting
The full numeric pad shows up.

But when you click Maximum Altitude setting only numbers 1-6 show up.
So you can NOT click the back space or done or 7,8,9,0.

2nd) I'm on firmware 1.8 should I update? Been reading a lot about different things you can do with certain firmware.

3rd) What is a good phone adapter to hold the phone? Don't really like the one that came with it.

4th) Read stuff about updating remote and battery. Can that be done on the Standard or are they talking about adv/pro models?

5th) Is there a better app to use to fly or just stick with DJI Go app?

6th) any great mods or hacks I should get or read up on?

Thansk

Lots of questions!

2nd: Updating firmware is a very controversial subject. You may have to if you are having App problems.
3rd: You can modify the controller with a phone holder like the Advance and Pro has. It's available on the Internet. You have to drill one hole in the RC unit to mount it. But it will void your DJI warranty if you do. Most people do it anyway. Including me. Be sure to watch the YouTube videos on how to drill the hole.
4th: You can update the RC unit and the battery with firmware updates.
5th: There are several other apps out there. I think the most popular one is the Litchi App. It cost money though. I've never used it, but they say it's great.
6th: The most common Mods are to extending the range on the Standard. Generally speaking, the Standard does not go very far. Some people can get great range, and other can not. Including ME! It has a lot to do with WiFi connections, location, and Firmware updates. The only range extending mod I have had success with is the Parabolic slip on mod for the antenna. It won't void your warranty because it just slips on the antenna. It works pretty well. Available on the internet for under $20.00 U.S. There is another one called Argtek. But it will void your warranty, and takes some work to mount it. It works well for some, and not so well for others. Including me! Cost is around $80.00 U.S. I removed mine and just stick with the Parabolic slip on one if I want range.

Thanks for the information.
Is there a good phone holder that I don't need to drill?

c8a0045fc6025d8e32a87e12a37af99b.jpg

This one from aliexpress

Mounting the new Pro holder is not that bad. There are a lot of videos on YouTube showing you how to drill the hole. There is one type of holder that can be mounted without drilling a hole. But you have to remove a mounting pin on the holder to do it. I don't think that would be real stable.

I want to know how to calibrate my drone and to be able to control my waypoints using the apps you help will greatly be considered !!!

I want to know how to calibrate my drone and to be able to control my waypoints using the apps you help will greatly be considered !!!
you should really start a new thread(s) with your separate questions. all i can add... is read the manual for calibration, and post what app you plan to use for waypoints in your new thread.

Just return it and save to buy a p4 or mavic. At the very least something with the better controller. I've had my P3S and I'm very unhappy with it. It's had so many problems.

Just return it and save to buy a p4 or mavic. At the very least something with the better controller. I've had my P3S and I'm very unhappy with it. It's had so many problems.

Most of the issues with the P3S are operator induced issues. The P3S is a good starting platform for beginners and people who have no interest in breaking any distance records or producing super high quality videos or pics.

:) :)

Most of the issues with the P3S are operator induced issues. The P3S is a good starting platform for beginners and people who have no interest in breaking any distance records or producing super high quality videos or pics.

:) :)

I agree that many issues with it are operator induced, not most, but some have just came out of the blue, like level horizon issues, shaky gimbal issues, intermittent disconnects of the remote and drone at 10 meters range, and compass problems even with low kp and recalibration. All of these were not operator induced.

It's a good starting platform but you won't be happy with it in the long run when you have reached it's limit, as isn't the human condition to be dissatisfied?. And you can't sell it for much because it's so old. Better to just wait it out and buy something that is supported by DJI Go 4 imo.

I still have and fly my Standard. But I have the P3 Pro for serious distance. The only thing I don't like about the P3S is the range. I've done everything I can think of to increase it. Nothing works. I've never had any of those other reported problems. I mainly use it now for fun flying and experimenting with firmware and maneuvers I would not try with the Pro. I've crashed it several times by doing stupid stuff on purpose. No damage, other than broken props. I thought about buying a Mavic. But just can't justify the price. Terrain avoidance would be great, but that's about all.

Reactions: Philltayl
I have a standard and really like it. I also have an s8 and have the exact same issue. I just used an iPhone to change settings, and went back to my s8. I haven't had any problems with it

The standard is an amazing machine. I have mine since January with 22 flights. Not a single issue other than the range. The standard also produce very decent 2K quality videos. I am very impressed plus I use the ND filters which make the videos very crispy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT