John A. Taylor sues FAA

So because they are a "large organization" makes them more qualified? Sorry I don't follow your thought process.

Look at it this way.....A "large organization" of monkeys is still a group of monkeys.

So because they are a "large organization" makes them more qualified?
Of course not. The fact that an organization is large means nothing.

That would be sad if it's true.

Remember when this used to be a "hobby" and it was fun?
Young people will never know what freedom is.

I can remember walking up to parked airliners at a major International airport decades ago on weekends just to see them up close.
No fences. No security. I'd sit on those huge tires, look up into the wheel wells and smile. Nobody ever blinked an eye.

Can't say I'd want to be born today.
If this is the path society is on, the future looks bleak. F that.

I can remember walking up to parked airliners at a major International airport decades ago on weekends just to see them up close.
No fences. No security. I'd sit on those huge tires, look up into the wheel wells and smile. Nobody ever blinked an eye.

The only consolation for them is that they won't know what they're missing.

The only consolation for them is that they won't know what they're missing.

I guess....

Ignorance is bliss......but not necessarily freedom

Kinda aggravates me how people just willingly throw away their personal rights for some huge bureaucracy promising them a tinsy bit of fake security and safety. Suckers
I'll be gone and they'll have exactly what they deserve. Boots to lick.

I know, when I was little, I climbed inside all kinds of military planes in the hangars for hours at a time. I could do what ever I wanted without supervision at the hangar. Nobody would have said anything. My dad and his C O didn't mind. Things are much different now.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I considered on becoming an AMA member once again. They won't get a penny from me. 14 local AMA fields also have been closed due to FAA changes. I'd rather donate their fee to Mr Taylor.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKDSensei

I wish I was older. That sounds nice.

I considered on becoming an AMA member once again. They won't get a penny from me. 14 local AMA fields also have been closed due to FAA changes. I'd rather donate their fee to Mr Taylor.

All 14 fields were within the 30 mile SFRA surrounding Washington DC.

Not sure why you are bitter towards the AMA over what the FAA did to them.

Last edited:

This is for you G.
thumb-troll-away.jpg

stop being a troll G. Your following my old post looking to start an argument.
I am not bitter towards the AMA, just think they have yet to do anything to help their members. At least Mr Taylor is doing something in an attempt to at least regain some ground.

How long have those flight clubs been there???? Why are they SUDDENLY a problem? They haven't been in the past.

Do you REALLY think people that want to do wrong need to do so at an AMA club? Seriously Quadcopters can launch from ANYWHERE. Planes can be launched from high school foot ball fields and rec parks...

Furthermore, the reason he is mad at the AMA is that they seemed to do nothing... AMA members expect representation, not some happy go lucky BS that says they are "dissapointed" This government it not just. It is an overly large organization that does NOT follow its own laws.

Reactions: Apilot101
I wish I was older. That sounds nice.

It was. I kinda feel bad for young people.
Everyone lives in the time slot they were born in. The "lucky" ones live to be 80-90 and remain healthy till the end. What matters most is the QUALITY of LIFE during that time slot.

Recent example? Just 4 years ago people flew drones with out all this social hysteria. Anywhere.
What will it be like 5 years from now given the way it's going? see what I mean?

This is for you G.
View attachment 42109

stop being a troll G. Your following my old post looking to start an argument.
I am not bitter towards the AMA, just think they have yet to do anything to help their members. At least Mr Taylor is doing something in an attempt to at least regain some ground.
LOL, don't flatter yourself.

And if I did want a reaction....well, I got it didn't I?

I simply wanted to clarify that all 14 of these flying clubs were shut down because of their proximity to the nation's capitol, and for no other reason (as some may have thought after reading your vague statement).
It is a fact that the D.C. SFRA is a direct result of some irresponsible drone pilots. That is not open to debate. How fair, how prudent, and how reactionary that decision was is certainly debatable.

Simply because I clarified the closures does not mean I support them, nor does it make me a rabid fan of the AMA.

I think that can of troll spray would best be pointed at the one with the multiple user ID's on this forum...

I remember a simpler time too... one where 9/11 hadn't happened yet. I wish it were different... but I have to say... I wouldn't be too excited about people being able to walk up and sit on the tires of airliners now. Maybe that's what you mean...

I still think that if the registration process is the most the FAA does about drones, we've gotten off pretty easy.

I hope the FAA passes the new rules on commercial usage that they have drafted.. because right now the restrictions are ridiculous (a pilot's license?? really??).

Anyway... interested to see how this law suit turns out.

That simpler time could "almost" be back, if the Fed did it's job and screened people coming to this country. But no, that might offend someone! Can you all see why so many normally "sane" people are jumping on the Trump bandwagon?! Bizarre times we live in!

The issue is NOT whether or not there needs to be a registry or whether or not some things make sense.

The issue is we have a government that does not follow its own laws. The FAA broke the law on two points. Both of which are what John A Taylor is suing for.

I'd love a link if someone already has one. Otherwise I'll do some searching this weekend. I would like to review his Complaint.

Still, I'm pretty sure one of them is that the FAA was not allowed to make laws against recreations fliers. If that is the case, we already know the FAA made the registry under a "safety" factor. They are allowed to do this and it's certainly an exception to what was mentioned. But it's certain something to dispute.

Only other reason I can think of is the registration of a "person". However, I don't know that someone would complain about this as it could easily be changed to registering each and every drone.

So I really just making pointless guesses.

Tcope
Here you go. A link to the actual document.http://www.aopa.org/-/media/Files/AOPA/Home/News/All-News/2016/TaylorPetition.pdf

Another article with more details including the AMA fields getting shut down.
Drones vs. FAA - AOPA

I simply wanted to clarify that all 14 of these flying clubs were shut down because of their proximity to the nation's capitol, and for no other reason ...
if that was the case then why couldn't you just ask instead of the hostility? Either way, see the article above.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20