Jello-y Footage, and Dark Lines in Video, P3A

Reaction score
Just got a replacement phantom 3 Advanced. This is my third one, so I am kind of familiar with them.

Two problems I noticed (although suspect one is user error)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1) Very jello-y footage. in the first clip in the above video, the walls are "waiving" side to side.

The shutter speed is pretty high. I was shooting at 60fps but didn't have an ND filter so shutter was around 1/800th or so....

2) Dark horizontal lines: In the second clip, are the dark lines that appear on the screen made from propeller shadows??? I was flying toward the sun, so that was my first thought.

Another issue (not shown in the video) was lag with the feed on my phone, or a garbled looking feed on my phone.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds a lot like the processing speed of your device is insufficient, as far as the video lag is concerned. What is the firmware version on the a/c? Some earlier versions had a jello effect issue.

Reactions: Just Mark
The lines in the video, believe it or not, are the shadow of the props spinning. It used to happen on my P2 with a GoPro when shooting into the sun at just the right angle. I followed a video and made a lens hood out of a plastic cup. Can't find the video, just cut out a circle from the cup, 1.5-2" and cut it in half. I then used some 3M heavy double stick tape and positioned it on the camera so it's out of the shot. There are hoods you can buy on line.

The lines in the video, believe it or not, are the shadow of the props spinning. It used to happen on my P2 with a GoPro when shooting into the sun at just the right angle. I followed a video and made a lens hood out of a plastic cup. Can't find the video, just cut out a circle from the cup, 1.5-2" and cut it in half. I then used some 3M heavy double stick tape and positioned it on the camera so it's out of the shot. There are hoods you can buy on line.

Thanks for the response. That is what I suspected. I will have to look again for my lens hood. I am sure it is around somewhere.

Being a full time photographer / videographer / drone pilot means that I am constantly struggling with all the little pieces of equipment. I am often loosing camera batteries or ND filters or something on location. Probably that's what happened to my lens hood.

I am a freelance DP also, I bring my drone on most jobs I do. We use it like a jib or crane some times just to get some movement. I have so many small bits, that if I don't put them back in the right place they will be hard to find the next time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic