Jello Reduction

Reaction score
I would love any suggestions anyone has about post-production jello reduction. I tried Warp stabilizer in Premier Pro CC, but that just made it worse.

It wasn't an issue before, but now that I'm using a 5.4mm lens in my GoPRo on my P2, it's become a problem.

Yes, my props were balanced, and I know I need to look at that end, but for now I want to fix some otherwise great footage- if possible.

Any ideas?

I read on DevinSupertramp's page the other day that they use warp stabilizer toned down to 5-10% instead of the stock 50% it comes at, mabey that will help? Just a thought

Which gimbal are you using and have you changed the dampers?

Since your using Adobe CC try warp stabilizer in After Effects it better than Premier.

Since your using Adobe CC try warp stabilizer in After Effects it better than Premier.
H3-3D. I hadn't change the dampers or used a neutral density filter as I hadn't had the problem before. After I put in my 5.4mm lens I thoroughly tested it in about a dozen flights and no jello. Then I went on the road, got some irreplaceable footage - with jello.

So now I'm trying to fix what I have. I will try AE as I wasn't able to get anywhere with Premier. Thanks for that suggestion.

AE's Warp Stabilizer has WAY more options and control - and AE also has a separate method of stabilization. There is a lot to learn there, but I think it is very worth it.

Thanks again for the tip!

In AE effects there is control call rolling shutter (also called Jello) in the distortion effects and change warp to pixel motion from there you can play with the percentages. Warp stabilizer also has rolling shutter in the advance tab at the bottom.

Have you been filming in the ATTI mode?

I'll try those, thanks.
No, I only have been filming in GPS mode

Do you have it setup in Naza-M mode for ATTI? I was just comparing footage taken the this morning in 20 + mph winds to what was taken this evening in 13 mph winds far better then it would have been in GPS. A few weeks ago I shot some soccer footage on a windy morning in GPS but with all the adjustments that GPS was making it's hard to get good footage without allot of movement. Yesterday I saw something in the forums here that said to lower the motion form 50% to 5-10% in warp stabilizer. Will have to give it a try to see if it helps.

Do you have it setup in Naza-M mode for ATTI? I was just comparing footage taken the this morning in 20 + mph winds to what was taken this evening in 13 mph winds far better then it would have been in GPS. A few weeks ago I shot some soccer footage on a windy morning in GPS but with all the adjustments that GPS was making it's hard to get good footage without allot of movement. Yesterday I saw something in the forums here that said to lower the motion form 50% to 5-10% in warp stabilizer. Will have to give it a try to see if it helps.
I didn't think of that - but it makes perfect sense. Right now I'm waiting for DJI to do a warranty repair on my P2, but I will try the Atti with the Solo I'm getting today. I think their atti is a little different as far as what's engaged, but the same principle is there.

In AE effects there is control call rolling shutter (also called Jello) in the distortion effects and change warp to pixel motion from there you can play with the percentages. Warp stabilizer also has rolling shutter in the advance tab at the bottom.
I'm on the road right now with a Surface Pro. It runs AE and Premiere, but not with a lot of power. When I get home today, I will try all this on my media machine at home, which is at least 10x faster for heavy tasks like rendering.

I'm going to wait until 3DR has gotten the gimbal completed and everyone has solo in stock. Maybe August I will order one.

Just got in from a trip into Detroit's Belle Isle for more aerial and ground footage. In the process of downloading to my computer.

I'm going to wait until 3DR has gotten the gimbal completed and everyone has solo in stock. Maybe August I will order one.

Just got in from a trip into Detroit's Belle Isle for more aerial and ground footage. In the process of downloading to my computer.
Looking forward to seeing that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl