Its Official.......the P4 has made me insane

There are only a few that have been reporting this mushy trees and bushes issue that I have seen. The quality of the video on my P4 has been outstanding for a gopro sized camera dangling from a 3pd quad! Not having this mushy issue at all! It's got to be a very small bad batch of camera's or maybe a problem with the d-log settings that I have also heard about. I set my picture quality to none btw. And then juice that sat and contrast in post. But for the most part I think most have been very happy with the video sharpness and quality from their P4's
I have a 3 pro and a 4. Very happy with both.

The video looked ok to me, it is what it is, it sounds like your expecting a $1400 video camera quality, most of the price we spent was for the drone and controller, like $1300 for that and $100 for the camera

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: liketogethigh
Lol you guys are focused on the grass and trees. You must live in the fields if you don't have anything other than that to film . How boring
Well, fine detail like grass and leaves are the hardest things for a compressor to compress--so it's one of the best subject to film to see how well the compression algorithm is working.

no one mentioned to put P4 in the freezer for 15 min and then recalibrate, all issues magically will go away. :D

e97f1c49e6b56cc402413379e9706768.jpg

I love these clouds, so beautiful
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: suck it up
The gimbal tilt seems to be a gimbal anomaly. The IMU & gimbal are calibrated & perfectly level on the ground. In the air the gimbal will tilt slightly depending on which way the nose points. If I hover & rotate slowly it will go from tilt left to level to tilt right to level then repeat as she rotates through 360°.

Nicely done! It looks a little tilted to the left, but it sure takes great video. Thanks.

Reactions: Monte Olsen
Read the current article on color correction and post production in RotorDrone magazine for starters. Michael Bay thought flying a Solo with a Hero 4 Black was good enough for Transformers 4. With the right post production tweaks you can get great results. What's the point of ranting on here when everyone else is happy with their video?

Recorded it 4k but I couldn't upload on you tube 4k . Had to render 1080p. Really looks good 4k. Let me know what you think

Looks good. Did any park official try kicking you out of Newport Beach?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recorded it 4k but I couldn't upload on you tube 4k . Had to render 1080p. Really looks good 4k. Let me know what you think

i dont understand... i have zero issues uploading 4k files. if you upload a 4k file, it will be 4k. very odd.

i dont understand... i have zero issues uploading 4k files. if you upload a 4k file, it will be 4k. very odd.
not sure. Maybe the file format might be the problem . Not sure I need to check into it .I'm new to "powerdirector14* so it might be my mistake .

Reactions: maseman88
Just fly, capture your own moments, form your own opinion, & enjoy yourself. Personally I can live with this...

I agree completely!

That is an excellent video -- one of the best examples I've ever seen of exactly the kind of thing our level of UAVs are intended for. I call it an achievement.

I'm especially impressed because I am very nervous about flying over water, so I regard what you did there as an act of faith. Excellent piloting -- and that is some gorgeous ship. Well named.

Reactions: Monte Olsen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj