Itelite antenna....becareful

Reaction score
Installed Itelite on v2+ ver3 and it does not work. Yes it helped on range but I have used 3 android apps and there are issues. DJI app will not display sat.image, another app will not display sat. image either {developer has been trying hard to help me}, and the last app does work but keeps closing. Using mainly sammy 5 with airport mode turned off. Tried with ASUS 701 with the same results. Checked install and all connections tight. Uninstalled the two 3rd party apps and reinstalled but no help. Anyone else having this type of issue? Almost lost this bird today.

What does an antenna mod on the controller have to do with satellite count and crashing apps?

Sounds like you have an unrelated issue...

Apps usually force close or have competitive issues because one or more are left running in the background .

Try force closing all and then only start one...

Settings/application manager/downloaded/ force close on all flight applications

Reactions: phxbird57

Apps usually force close or have competitive issues because one or more are left running in the background .

I do close each app when I switch, but it does not help. Thanx for the suggestion though.

It does not affect the sat. count just the map display on the 3 apps.

It wouldn't display FPV or any info if there was a problem.

I don't see how it could even affect map display. It's a passive signal amplifier. Has nothing to do with the format of the data for display.

Sorry about your issue..
I really would not blame the itelite antenna, as I cannot see how it is possible.
Perhaps a software problem with android?

The title of the thread "itelite antenna... Be careful" seems to unjustly point the finger at the itelite antenna.

Perhaps a picture of your antenna and the install might help us decipher your issue?

Good luck! I'm really enjoying my newfound range.

Installed exactly per the video, hot glue and all, looks just like it as a finished item. All 3 android apps worked fine until I added this antenna. All wires tight, no metal contact in controller or in WiFi extender. This is why I added be careful. So far a waste of money and about and hours worth of time. I emailed to the only company address I could find but so far no response. Have not tried on Apple but will do so and see what happens. If it works then I will agree it has to do with android.

probman, I suggest sending a "conversation" to DBS on the forum.... he got back to me in ~1 hr.

It appears I may have to change tread to Itelite...android be careful. Connected dji ios app on kitchen table and appears to work. Cannot fly now though. 3Rd party app connected as well but do not yet know how to use ground station with the app. Still leaves me up the creek without a paddle as I do not have Apple products. I hope android developers read this.

Your assumption is incorrect. You cannot seriously believe that an antenna has anything to do with your android apps?

check your tablet / wipe it clear and reinstall

Your assumption is incorrect. You cannot seriously believe that an antenna has anything to do with your android apps?

check your tablet / wipe it clear and reinstall
Have no choice but believe it is a android issue. Same setup works with ios 8 but not any android app. I have shut down my devices but no go on restart, have Uninstalled all apps and reinstalled but still no go. Strange that it works with apple huh...

Any other suggestions? Maybe a samsung/Asus issue? I am catching some static re. this issue and would love some input. Not picking on the antenna just trying to make it work. You have my money either way.

You should edit your title since it really doesn't have anything to do with ITELITE.

Do you have a phone to test with instead of tablet?

Have you got access to another android tablet or phone? Sometimes really quirky things happen which are not easily explained. Are you connecting to the wifi on the wifi extender?

I will give you an example.

I have a Phantom 2 with Lightbridge. It requires an app called DJI Pilot to run. I have been using the P2 with a Apple Ipad mini for several months. While putting the setup back in the car I knocked the connector (lightning) on the car door. Since then the DJI Pilot app refused to run - it would bomb out after relaunching and restarting Ipad. Conclusion --> I had damaged the lightning connector and this was causing the DJI Pilot to bomb out. All other apps ran ok and Ipad was charging normally. Rang Apple Genius bar for an appointment to troubleshoot the obvious hardware problem. Anyway earliest genius bar appointment for 10 days.

So in frustration I wiped the IPAD clean and put it in the box with a view to dealing with it in 10 days. Decided to go and buy another Ipad mini - my son who is 17 and pretty much into tech savvy said why not try installing DJI Pilot again.. I said what is the point ?? ..,anyway he did that and the app works again with the Phantom 2.
Why did the app stop working after I knocked it on the car door?
Why did it work again when I wipe the tablet and return it to factory setting and re-install the app?

I would have been very embarrased if the Genius bar did this and it all worked.

So bottom line there can be coincidences that can't be explained. So easiest thing is to find somebody's else's device. Can you check if the Vision 2 + wifi is connecting with your tablet first? You maybe connecting accidentally to a different wifi network that causes the app to crash??

So now that you know it is not the antennas fault if you can you need to change the title of this thread. Just to be fair.

That's why I clicked on it to see what was up. Because I have gotten great results with my new antenna.

Last edited:
So now that you know it is not the antennas fault if you can you need to change the title of this thread. Just to be fair.

That's why I clicked on it to see what was up. Because I have gotten great results with my new antenna.

One, I do not know how to change title {I did reference a change in a reply}.
Two, antenna and sammy 5 and asus 701 still to not wotk together.
Please understand that no intention of bashing any particular product, just trying to make it work.

Keep trying bro... no need to change the title as it just brings more people into the problem and maybe somebody has had it happen to them and an provide you with the answer you are looking for.

One thing to note here though... you are saying that two of your apps won't display satellite image on maps using the ITELITE antenna...

Problem there.... by the time you are connected to the range extender and P2V+ it is too late... you should have already downloaded and cached your maps before that time while you were connected to the internet... you don't connect to the internet with the ITELITE antenna because you don't use the range extender to connect to internet with Sammy 5 or Asus 701.

Something is wrong with your maps feature... I believe you...

you proved the antenna was working when you said "Yes it helped on range"

And you disproved there was something wrong with the antenna when you said "Sat. Image won't display" (just to be clear.. by that you mean "maps display")

Go over the instructions on how to cache your maps while you are connected to the internet...
Then make sure you are not running any silly "memory boosters" or "speed booster" apps on your devices... those type of apps regularly clear cached data and ruin your maps that you are trying to cache on purpose.

Just trying to think of everything I can to help...

I know things get frustrating … but as with any investigation... if you focus all your energy on one suspect that you think is guilty... the real culprit is getting overlooked. :cool:

honestly I was using my Samsung galaxy s5 droid I was having the same problems as you..
I started using my sons ipad mini and problems solved..
I have no problems at all after the itelite dbs mod..
its possible youre having problems with the droid app I hope...
the other is maybe you shorted something on the circuit board!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers