Gimbal hanging after starting the P4P

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The gimbal of 2.5 years old drone just started to play dead (see video here: Video 25-01-2020, 21 16 19.mov ). I read a lot about it online and tried to fix it, but I am checking if anyone could help before I send it to repair.

Here is everything I did to try to fix the issue:
- calibrated the gimbal several times; the gimbal does not move as it used to during the calibration, but app says calibration was successful;
- installed a order firmware;
- installed an even older firmware;
- set settings to factory/original settings;
- removed SD card while doing all of the above (some people think it is related to it)
- reinstalled the latest firmware.

Nothing helped.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much, Rodrigo

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What does imu calibration do,I say this cause cam moves during this process ,it might be worth a try if not already

Reaction score
What does imu calibration do,I say this cause cam moves during this process ,it might be worth a try if not already
I did it twice right now (I have to move the drone to different positions) and gimbal did not move. Are you sure it moves? Gimbal calibration yes...

Reactions: ianzone

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I did it twice right now (I have to move the drone to different positions) and gimbal did not move. Are you sure it moves? Gimbal calibration yes...
Yip gimble and cam move when imu in progress, any power light on gimble,,ribbon cable might need to be detached and clip back in

Reaction score
Weird is that the gimbal moves when the drone starts. Did you watch it in the link? It seems not to be a mechanical issue :-(

Reaction score
Does it do anything like this?
Check the link in my post... not like that, but the final position is similar. My gimbal goes up and down when the drone starts, but a the end it hangs down, kind of dead, instead of straight like yours in the middle of your clip.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I almost got a new drone after checking the price to repair in Switzerland.

I decided to send it to the Netherlands and the shipping cost me less than USD 40, and DJI will fix not only the gimbal, but all these structural issues on the pics. The whole thing will cost EUR 200, including shipping back to Switzerland!

I am very happy with the service and price for the repairs.

Attachments

dronesky

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I almost got a new drone after checking the price to repair in Switzerland.

I decided to send it to the Netherlands and the shipping cost me less than USD 40, and DJI will fix not only the gimbal, but all these structural issues on the pics. The whole thing will cost EUR 200, including shipping back to Switzerland!

I am very happy with the service and price for the repairs.
Did you find out what was wrong with it

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usVince