It was bound to happen.....

Reaction score
I went up to the local ball field intending on practicing ATTI flying. Loving life, enjoying my flight. I was about 12 feet off the ground and out towards the outfield fence. Over the tree tops comes a state police helicopter. I made the mistake of taking my eyes off my P3P. Since it was in ATTI mode, it didn't stop on a dime. It clipped a branch overhanging the fence, and then stoped on that dime. It ended up on the ground upside down. Sure did seem like a long walk with plenty of time to consider my transgression. I picked her up, all props are good. One of the gold stickers is crinkled and there is a slight bubble around the air vents on that same arm. I walked back to the car, and removed the battery. I gave it a close look and see no additional damage. Well, may as well see if she'll still fly. I installed the battery and fired it up. Everything checked out ok. Did a 10 minute test flight with no problems. I guess I dodged a bullet. Hopefully that will be my first and last unscheduled landing.

I wish you the best with your goal re-unscheduled landings, however I have been doing this for decades and have several dozen such landings with my fixed-wing a/c.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4