IT IS NOT A Weak Video Signal

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a P4P and have been successfully flying it for nearly 2 years.

I use a SAMSUNG Tab E on the controller.

Two days ago, I went out on a job, and started getting what everyone has diagnosed as a week video signal.

I have gone through all the forums, and no solutions provided work.

What I have noticed:
1. When all parts are turned on, I have a solid video image.
2. The second I accelerate the rotors to lift into flight, I start getting the pixelating, green screening, silver ghosting effects, that render my POV useless.
3. I noticed that everything seems to grow worse over time. Including the response to my screen interaction. For example, if I hit the camera trigger button, there is a latency before an indication that the picture has been taken. But once the picture is taken, the POV briefly crystal clears for about 5 seconds, then starts the pixelation and green screening again.
4. I also notice that if I hit the button to switch from camera to video, it will take up to 30 seconds to respond.
5. All flight connectivity directly between the controller and P4P are sharp and responsive.

I know the symptoms seem like weak video signal, but the way it happens seems more like a buffering problem...like it all works great until a buffer fills, then it takes its time before processing both the video and screen control actions.

Does this make sense?

I use a SAMSUNG Tab E on the controller.
That is indeed your issue. The TAB E is far too slow. Especially so after all the GO updates and firmware changes.

So, GO updates have made my Samsung...which has been working perfectly for nearly 2 years...obsolete?

I am an Android person...and I like the tablet size for my controller. What tablet would you recommend for an upgrade?

How is the video feed if you turn everything on, but don't start the motors and just have someone walk around with the drone? (Cancel out interference)
Has the aircraft had a bump? Maybe your antenna wires aren't sat right ( very unlikely though).

Chances are it is probably your tablet though as fly dawg said. My Galaxy S7 worked fine but still randomly paused and had a few glitches now and then, even the pause like you mentionrd with photos.

I'm assuming you've emptied the Go 4 app cache and video cache? Have you factory reset the tablet? Has the tablet had an OS update? Has an app updated and now it's running in the background using resources?

I'm an Android user through and through, but after a lot of research I got an iPad (2017 9.7"). It's the best thing I could have done. I've not had 1 single issue since.

How is the video feed if you turn everything on, but don't start the motors and just have someone walk around with the drone? (Cancel out interference)
Has the aircraft had a bump? Maybe your antenna wires aren't sat right ( very unlikely though).

Chances are it is probably your tablet though as fly dawg said. My Galaxy S7 worked fine but still randomly paused and had a few glitches now and then, even the pause like you mentionrd with photos.

I'm assuming you've emptied the Go 4 app cache and video cache? Have you factory reset the tablet? Has the tablet had an OS update? Has an app updated and now it's running in the background using resources?

I'm an Android user through and through, but after a lot of research I got an iPad (2017 9.7"). It's the best thing I could have done. I've not had 1 single issue since.
Thanks Monki,
I agree with you and Fly Dawg.

I am going to test with some faster cell phones, but think I may go after a Crystal Sky. I can't afford to have this random crap getting in the way of business delivery.

Sounds like a good choice! Make sure you check 3rd party app support if you need any.

I am going to test with some faster cell phones, but think I may go after a Crystal Sky.
Just a note of caution. Be a bit wary of the Crystal Sky as of today. There have been numerous issues posted in the past several weeks that have yet to be resolved. I have been using a Galaxy TabS2 for quite some time now with no issues. Granted however, I fly exclusively with Litchi and fly a P3A. Look for at least 2 gig of RAM minimum in what you select. Internal storage doesn't make that much difference, but most certainly the RAM does.

Reactions: dlsigler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31