Issue with Pitch/Tilt on Goodluckbuy Gimbal on Phantom 2

I'll try to research some more. I know how frustrating the overcorrection is:

Thanks man! You'd think Id be able to fix this in the SBGC software, but no dice. I've messed with just about everything and can't seem to get it. Strangest part is that once I disconnect the cable for the pitch control it adjusts itself just fine. But I don't want to loose pitch control. Just strange that when I connect it back, it over-corrects again. Enabling pitch control seems to enable more than just the control of the pitch, but rather other pitch auto-correcting properties as well.

One more thing to add, I think its over-correcting because its probably set for a GoPro, and Im using a mobius. Still, you'd think I could adjust for the lighter weight

Just tried both Vision versions. It shows the same settings. I'm thinking its due to me just having the basic Phantom 2. Seems to recognize my board and default to the standard P2 options. I may be outta luck here. I've messed around for hours within the SBGC software too and can't seem to fix the pitch over-correction.

Again the strange part is if I unplug the cable that allows the tilt control, it auto balances fine with no over-correction. As soon as I reconnect, it wants to over-correct. Ugh..
Just to be sure, after you installed the P2V version and opened, it actually opened in the P2V and didn't default to the P2.

Not sure if the weight of the different camera would through that off.

Just racking my brain...:confused:

Just to be sure, after you installed the P2V version and opened, it actually opened in the P2V and didn't default to the P2.

Not sure if the weight of the different camera would through that off.

Just racking my brain...:confused:

Good question. When I opened the P2V it appeared just like the P2. Maybe I should try uninstalling the P2 software and do a fresh install of the P2V?

Might be worth a shot

T
Good question. When I opened the P2V it appeared just like the P2. Maybe I should try uninstalling the P2 software and do a fresh install of the P2V?

Might be worth a shot

Thinking the same.

Tried the FPV option and that didn't work. I'll try the software uninstall stay tuned!

Very strange. I uninstalled the program then installed the P2V and it still pulled the same P2 software. Even without connecting the Phantom the software didn't look like yours. Also tried the P2V+. I'm thinking maybe the software updates itself based on which Phantom model you plug into it. Vision settings don't appear to be an option for P2 owners

Very strange. I uninstalled the program then installed the P2V and it still pulled the same P2 software. Even without connecting the Phantom the software didn't look like yours. Also tried the P2V+. I'm thinking maybe the software updates itself based on which Phantom model you plug into it. Vision settings don't appear to be an option for P2 owners
Im thinking maybe your name and password defaulting to P2... Maybe your profile saved is only allowing this software. The P2V software definetly has the added options.

I'm stumped.

Have you thought about unplugging that wire and seeing if you can upgrade to the lever on the back of the Tx?

My Tx has the wheel built into the top left corner. I've done the Tx updates and calibrated. But still no bueno
Well Toph, this is taking me to the end of my witts. I'll keep pondering for solutions, keep me in the loop if you figure it out. And keep in mind, there are other Phantom forums out there, maybe some of their members have solved this mystery. Google can help, too.

Take care and keep looking in here for any ideas I come up with.

I appreciate all your input man. Thanks a ton. I tried to see if my email adress is tied to a specific model so that I could change it to P2V but don't see that it is. The software must recognize the Phantom type and install accordingly. Otherwise Im stumped why all 3 versions would look exactly the same on my Mac

@Toph , I'm not sure which gimbal you have - but I ordered the one Intruder101 has and since I've got to wait until it arrives I've been trying to get as much info on it as I can to make things a bit easier for me when it gets here (yeah, right)

In all my searching I've come across a ton of stuff labeled "China Gimbal" and this video is one:

I know you don't have the specific Phantom he's working on, but if you can hang in there - it's long - he does cover a lot of info. maybe there's something in there you can use. :rolleyes:

Pressing Option + Tab in windows PT2 will open the original settings from the older software and should fix your problem, but only in windows. Doesn't seem to work for mac. I'm installing one of these gimbals soon. How did you wire in your power to the P2? Did the gimbal mouting plate line up as well?

Although this thread may be a bit outdated but to let other users know how to solve this issue:

One more thing to add, I think its over-correcting because its probably set for a GoPro, and Im using a mobius. Still, you'd think I could adjust for the lighter weight

That's the correct answer. It's calibrated for a GoPro by default and the Mobius is much lighter. I used that gimbal with Mobius on my P 1.1.1 and it was also over-compensating until I fiddled around with the gimbal settings in the BGCGui software tool.

Few years too late. But if someone still needs help here is how I managed to solve this.
Phantom 2 vision gimbal tool 1.08 does the trick. First use tool to change gimbal to vision ( only options are H3-D2) or Vision. Then start Phantom assistant (I used 3.2).
Now it shows that you are configuring vision.
Make changes to gimbal settings (gains from 20 ->0). Now it should not over compensate anymore. Buy now the remote gimbal control does not answer anymore. But start gimbal tool again and change mode back to H3.
This is how I made things work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1