Issue with Hand Launching / Catching Phantom 4?

Reaction score
So, I've just done my maiden flight and I'm so used to hand launching on the Phantom 3 I instinctively did it with the Phantom 4 despite how "slippery" it is comparatively.
Unfortunately I chickened out twice as the motor on the corner I was holding was throttling way faster than the other motors and I felt it was going to tip over the second I let go.
Just FYI I've done hundreds of hand launches with previous Phantoms and I'm just curious if anyone else tried it yet and if they experienced a similar issue.
I'll keep trying and hopefully I can get used to it or find out the new method but Hand Launching / Catching was really one of the better "features" of the Phantom over the other drones and I'd be sad if it's not so easy any more.

I hand caught twice today, no issue. Just give it a firm grip!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hand caught twice today, no issue. Just give it a firm grip!
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sorry yeah I didn't think hand catching would be a problem. I'm more talking about hand launching... did you do that?
My Phantom 3 would idle until I hit the throttle, seems my Phantom 4 goes hard before I even touch the sticks.

Last edited:
Sorry yeah I didn't think hand catching would be a problem. I'm more talking about hand launching... did you do that?
My Phantom 3 would idle until I hit the throttle, seems my Phantom 4 goes hard before I even touch the sticks.

The idle on the P4 does seem too high. Mine almost tipped over. I'm sure they will fix this in the next firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.