Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Go to YouTube , many videos show you exactly how to do this. If you are not comfortable doing it go to flyfly website please tell Steve Bob P sent you. they'll do it for you. I am not computer literate & paid to have all done for mavic & P4 . Works like a dream but be careful changing parameters as your drone is a sedan & becomes a Ferrari . You'll love it. Good luck.

I upgraded my firmware & software on djigo4 , almost every time I turn my drone on to check before I go out to fly it would say update needed. I'd do the update . Not sure why it asks to update firmware so much. The no fly zone NFZ in places it shouldn't be. Wasn't like this before . Now that I rolled back to older app & firmware I can cancels geo system. Which I love. Ive had Nothing but problems with new app & firmware so I went back to older firmware & older go4 app & tweaked parameters & the drone flys great. I'll never update my drones again. I always did updates when they came out but when they did the big update that you had to sign in , the dji go4 app became nothing but a problem. Older firmware &!older app seems to work like a dream .
Like you I rolled back the firmware in the P4 and is back to "normal". Unfortunately, my APP did update but haven't flown yet due to the hurricane. Are there any limits or major changes coming from the latest APP?

Geo

Thank you God! Today I rolling back to previous firmware to v01.02.0602. I know how do it! Everything works like in good old times - just great! In the future - I will NEVER, NEVER upgrade the DJI.

Reactions: Geoelectro
Like you I rolled back the firmware in the P4 and is back to "normal". Unfortunately, my APP did update but haven't flown yet due to the hurricane. Are there any limits or major changes coming from the latest APP?

Geo
Nothing except the prompt to update the geo data base.....there is an ignore button!

P4 - Mine stopped at 99% due to the lack of controller update, but after a restart the new FW works and I could update the controller from the app - it seems like everything is as it should be - I even made a flight where the horisont was straight... (It was on a low wind day, but hope the issue with the cam is gone.)

I have just read in newspaper that US Army announced they will not use DJI drones anymore as i.e sending data to servers in China. They must be busy finding solutions as huge impact on revenue. This might explain low or null response to these problems but that's just me.

c37ee508ac7fbde261a32c6ab09eb1c8.jpg

I got so tired of all the changes, many with newly generated problems, especially when I tried to photograph a friend's Rocky Mountain Home up at 9,000' when my P4 wouldn't start unless I signed in where there is absolutely no celular service! Luckily I brought my Inspire 1V2 using old out of date Go App but which functioned without problems! I have not used my P4 since then but today using apkmirror I reloaded my Android Invidia Shield K1 with the DJI Go4 App, Version 4.1.3 Even though most everything functioned correctly I wound up with a "Gimbal Vibration Error" announcement so I just downgraded to DJI Go4 App Version 4.0.0 on my LG V20 Smartphone. This Version is from back in January 2017 which I used to use. This Version in the PhantomPilots Forum has been reported as trouble free. I haven't flown it yet but it appears to agree with my P4 Firmware! And yes, I had to sign the what appeared to be a 400+ page DJI Agreement to start trying different DJI Go4 Versions which is ridiculous!
Today I had a chance to install the downgraded DJI GO 4 4.0.0 App on my Nvidia Shield K1 which is my dedicated Tablet for my P4. I had not used that tablet for many months since I couldn't even start my P4 as I was up at 9,000' in the Rocky Mountains and had no Internet connection to sign in with. My then up to date P4's DGI Software failed me!! I used my Inspire 1V2 with the downgraded DGI GO Software since then instead!

To those using the Nvidia Shield K1, I first upgraded my K1 Android 7 Software to Version 5.2 (24.29.404.153) that I read was a Software upgrade from May 2017 to correct the Nvidia Shield K1 Android 7 problems. During my flight I had no Nvidia problems. This flight was too short to tell.

I'm extremely happy with the downgraded DJI GO 4 4.0.0 Software! My P4 performed so smoothly without having to sign in and no pop-up warnings! Everything was like before. I tried most all flight modes and the only thing that I found not working 100% was my location map in the lower left corner of my screen which was not fully centered but at full screen was perfectly centered. I'll fix that or live with it!!

DJI is cutting their own throat! I was ready to buy a new Inspire 2 or better until all their stupid updates and new rules! As a retired Fixed and Rotary Wing ATP Pilot flying since the 1950s these drones are my old man toys.

After recent firmware update my P4 is to unstable to fly comfortably. I have calibrated and recalibrate with no luck. It wobbles, jerky moves, it even sound different.

Reactions: Bravofox
I finally did the upgrade the other day and have done 2 flights since. Flying seemed fine. I was using Litchi and shot a couple of 1000' diameter orbits. When I looked at the footage, the last one was terrible - gimbal pointing all over after about 1/3 of the way. The first two were fine though. One of the flights was in significant wind and the P4 handled it well - seemed just as stable as before. Also tested Tripod mode - worked like a charm. All in all mine seems to be ok. It's an old one, first flight 3/17/21016. I did no calibration at all after the upgrade.

I finally did the upgrade the other day and have done 2 flights since. Flying seemed fine. I was using Litchi and shot a couple of 1000' diameter orbits. When I looked at the footage, the last one was terrible - gimbal pointing all over after about 1/3 of the way. The first two were fine though. One of the flights was in significant wind and the P4 handled it well - seemed just as stable as before. Also tested Tripod mode - worked like a charm. All in all mine seems to be ok. It's an old one, first flight 3/17/21016. I did no calibration at all after the upgrade.
I would suggest running the calibrations. The procedure has changed with the newest update and it seems to now include the Gimbal which may fix that issue. Others have reported better tilt control etc.

Geo

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?

I've just avoided the latest p4 update after reading in the notes that it reduces alt to 50 feet I'm sticking with the prev firmware of 500ft

OK, so I've sat and gone through all 13 pages of this thread. Possibly the most useful thing I've read relates to the order the updates should be performed in; RC using DJI Go 4 app, then SD card out, then AC using DJI Assistant. Thank you to the few people on here that provided that information.

I previously updated the AC using Assistant and have not been prompted to update the RC at all, and in fact have no idea what version it is currently running ... something to check when I get home. But I did roll back to v01.02.0602 - the last stable before v02.00.0106 that is causing so much trouble.

Posts with links to rollback seem to be being removed from various forums. But a search on YouTube will deliver results very quickly. The process is very straightforward and simple once you have the app and required firmware version, information usually supplied in the YT video Information panel. The routine takes 15 minutes tops.

My own adventure has been chronicled on this forum here --> P4 Oscillations In Flight - Cannot Find Cause I hadn't discovered this particular thread at that time (I was looking in P4 Help :D).

I'd like to get on to the latest firmware, so my intention is to prove out the rollback in flight and then to follow the process to roll forward again and see if I can make my P4 work with .0106.

For all the Phantom Pro Plus owners, do NOT attempt to roll back your firmware as indicated. You WILL brick your bird!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl