Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Looks like a dozen or so pilots with no problems at all, but also a lot of stability comments. I wonder what the good results have in common - especially as all the hardware and software now has the same update status?

I think the wind warning issue has been quoted quite often in other threads too, and also failing to complete at 99%.

Thanks all - please keep reporting.

Updated mine on Saturday as it told me i had to. Wish I hadn't. Horizon tilt looks better but LOTS of problems with loss of connection and gimbal flipping 90degrees to the left (takes video of a landing leg!). Video stops recording at this point too. Others have reported same problem. Reconnecting RC to P4 hasn't helped at all. No issues like this at all before the update. Both RC and P4 updates have been done and also redid them. Very frustrating.

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?

Uploaded the new FW yesterday an flew the P4 through a couple of batteries today using as well FPV Camera App for some autonomous missions. Everything works perfect, specially happy with the precise hovering like my Mavic Pro.

BTW, did only compass and gimbal calibration after download.

Last edited:
Why is everyone saying so calibrations after firmware? Does the new firmware state this? Never recalibrate after firmware before and can't see any reason too either.

Once you imu and compass are calibrated only a knock or magnetic interference will change it. Or possible degradation over time. But new firmware should not.

Reactions: MarPir and Tobrouk
Why is everyone saying so calibrations after firmware? Does the new firmware state this? Never recalibrate after firmware before and can't see any reason too either.

Once you imu and compass are calibrated only a knock or magnetic interference will change it. Or possible degradation over time. But new firmware should not.
The the new calibration is more involved than the old version, it's winter here and it was taking a couple of minutes to warm up. Down to 20 secs, and the drone is now very stable. No need for a compass cal as its not necessary.

The the new calibration is more involved than the old version, it's winter here and it was taking a couple of minutes to warm up. Down to 20 secs, and the drone is now very stable. No need for a compass cal as its not necessary.

So did dji inform you to do this? Or did you do it because everyone else says so??

Daz

I can see software scenarios where it might matter, whether or not this is the case here, I have no idea. However, I'm pretty sure the new IMU calibration procedure is integral to the tilted horizon "fix".

My horizon issue wasn't so much fixed as changed how it manifests itself, but I haven't seen anyone else reporting anything like I am experiencing.

So did dji inform you to do this? Or did you do it because everyone else says so??

Daz

Daz
One of the posters on here @JohnnyD913 sat on the phone with DJI for an hour and posted up the instructions. Appears I wasn't the only one smashing my head against the wall.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Very unstable. throws itself back and forth for no apparent reason. Unstable flights made it a totally unsatisfactory update for me as well.
I calibrated everything, did a factory reset, still messed up bad. I knew better than to update it as it was flying very well before the update!

Updated. Have not flown yet. I plan on doing a IMU Calibration before. Maybe a compass too. The p4 is actually my wife's so I will report back after she flies

Mine works but seems jerky with control inputs and when it's fighting wind or braking. I've been switching to tripod mode to land.

Updated the RC using the DJIGO4 app and the AC using assist 2. Followed by a IMU calibration. all is well. No Problems

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94