Is this level of horizon tilt normal?

Flying indoors? You must be kidding. My wife, and Bud (the cat), would never allow that:). The flights were just my normal flying I do around here. GPS-ATTI and no VPS.
I get the sense that it can't be fixed. That's why I was looking for a way to reduce, at least temporarily, the symptoms. It looks like @FunN4lo has had some success with this.

Sorry about the indoor remark. I forgot that not everyone has a gymnasium in their backyard (including me). I think you are right about there not being a permanent or reliable fix. Maybe that's why they added the C2+Gimbal wheel adjustment ability. Oh well.:cry:

Sorry about the indoor remark. I forgot that not everyone has a gymnasium in their backyard (including me). I think you are right about there not being a permanent or reliable fix. Maybe that's why they added the C2+Gimbal wheel adjustment ability. Oh well.:cry:

I could live with mine if it always tilted one way and I could adjust it with the C2/gimbal wheel combo, but that doesn't work for a constantly drifting horizon tilt. As I said before, I think it's hardware related so I'll be sending it back to DJI.

I could live with mine if it always tilted one way and I could adjust it with the C2/gimbal wheel combo, but that doesn't work for a constantly drifting horizon tilt. As I said before, I think it's hardware related so I'll be sending it back to DJI.
I get your point. I hope you can find out what they do to it - and please let us know - I'll be watching this thread.

Reactions: DennyBoBenny
Thanks for making this thread since it brought some problems to light. Here is a gimbal test:

Edit: repaired by changing the gimball roll

Last edited:
You will always get tilt. Its caused by wind. P3P simply cannot take into the account its own tilt when flying into head wind against the tilt of the gimbal. Thus you end up with a crooked horizon. You will notice that the tilt moves as you rotate the aircraft.

You will always get tilt. Its caused by wind. P3P simply cannot take into the account its own tilt when flying into head wind against the tilt of the gimbal. Thus you end up with a crooked horizon. You will notice that the tilt moves as you rotate the aircraft.
Why is the wind different than manually rolling side to side? It handles that instantly. I don't get what the difference would be.

Why is the wind different than manually rolling side to side? It handles that instantly. I don't get what the difference would be.

Is it possible that gusts are accentuating the tilt?

Thanks for all the feedback everybody; I really appreciate it.

Since I really want to avoid refurbed parts, I think I'll just stick with what I have and hope it doesn't get any worse!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl