Is this forum now called "I lost or crashed my P3P" forum?

Reaction score
Has DJI lost its ability to provide stable, reliable quads and the necessary software to fly them or what? I've had my share of issues of course but stoped updating and I am fine so far. Every other thread is my drone crashed or flew away.

Has DJI lost its ability to provide stable, reliable quads and the necessary software to fly them or what? I've had my share of issues of course but stoped updating and I am fine so far. Every other thread is my drone crashed or flew away.
There may be a few with issues but it's just a few.
When you consider how many are flying and in the hands of people of all abilities in all kinds of environments, it's a very, very small fraction that are having problems.
I'd guess that the proportion hasn't changed much over time.

Reactions: Numone
I was 3 hours from home 2 days ago and fired up the P4 to show a friend and everything showed fine as far as compass goes. With a couple minutes worth of hoovering without problems, and no calibrating, I flew out 2 batteries without issue so i don't need help. Yeah, I could see where this could get boring. :)

Sent from my XT1096 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Lol... *hover.. Dang hillbillies

Last edited:
I was 3 hours from home 2 days ago and fired up the P4 to show a friend and everything showed fine as far as compass goes. With a couple minutes worth of hoovering without problems, and no calibrating, I flew out 2 batteries without issue so i don't need help. Yeah, I could see where this could get boring. :)

Sent from my XT1096 using PhantomPilots mobile app
What did to catch when you were hoovering.... ;)

Reactions: JohnnyB
It has absolutely nothing to do with DJI hardware or software, it is completely one fact and one fact only. These drones are becoming more popular than ever with all sorts of people purchasing them with absolutely no ability or experience flying anything. Then when they crash or lose their drone their total inability to accept fault, and needing to lash out and blame someone else, the manufacturer.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I crashed mine. I've had it less than a week. I just want to get it back in the air again and I figured what better place to come than here. Just looking for advice.

I crashed mine. I've had it less than a week. I just want to get it back in the air again and I figured what better place to come than here. Just looking for advice.

@aeaster1123 , I dont think people have issues with admitting to making a mistake. I think people have issues with blaming DJI for making "poor quality product" when in fact most of the time , its not the fault of DJI. I crashed my drone but thats cause my wife grabbed the landing gear and i then i full throttledwhen she let go BAM!! into a tree.. nothing to do with DJI .. i should have killed the motors with a CSC or throttle all the way down.. MY BAD

@aeaster1123 , I dont think people have issues with admitting to making a mistake. I think people have issues with blaming DJI for making "poor quality product" when in fact most of the time , its not the fault of DJI. I crashed my drone but thats cause my wife grabbed the landing gear and i then i full throttledwhen she let go BAM!! into a tree.. nothing to do with DJI .. i should have killed the motors with a CSC or throttle all the way down.. MY BAD
Same here. I flew my P3P for many times in the last 3 months. No issues, until I did a dumb thing! I admit, I was just showing off to a friend. I just forgot about the tree behind me. I hit the top of the tree and tumbled 30 feet down to Asphalt. It is in for repair now. Should have it back by this weekend. I'm flying my Standard until then. So far DJI Service has been great. I was advised by Email this morning that the repairs were completed, and the Pro is being flight tested prior to shipment back to me. I can't wait...

Reactions: Numone
Same here. I flew my P3P for many times in the last 3 months. No issues, until I did a dumb thing! I admit, I was just showing off to a friend. I just forgot about the tree behind me. I hit the top of the tree and tumbled 30 feet down to Asphalt. It is in for repair now. Should have it back by this weekend. I'm flying my Standard until then. So far DJI Service has been great. I was advised by Email this morning that the repairs were completed, and the Pro is being flight tested prior to shipment back to me. I can't wait...

Yea I have no problem admitting I crashed mine. I did something stupid and now im paying the consequence. Let me ask you about their repair service. About how long does it take? Whats the labor fees? I had already bought replacement parts online for mine but now I'm running into other issues such as the app recognizing mine as a Pro instead of Advanced. The part I had to replace was the OFDM receiver. And the website I bought it from stated it was for the Pro/Advanced. It looks the exact same but now I'm stuck.

Yea I have no problem admitting I crashed mine. I did something stupid and now im paying the consequence. Let me ask you about their repair service. About how long does it take? Whats the labor fees? I had already bought replacement parts online for mine but now I'm running into other issues such as the app recognizing mine as a Pro instead of Advanced. The part I had to replace was the OFDM receiver. And the website I bought it from stated it was for the Pro/Advanced. It looks the exact same but now I'm stuck.
Well so far, I'm really pleased with the service. Although I have not received the repaired done back yet, so I can't say how well the repair was done. Fortunately for me I live only a 2 hours drive from the service center. The same day I called them they sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label. I shipped it out on the 11th, they got it on the 12th. today I got an email saying that the repairs have been completed and the drone is being flight tested. I expect to have it back by this weekend the 22nd. Their web site was great in keeping me informed every step of the way. They had to change a lot of small parts on the Gimbal, and the Main Board. The crash was totally my fault, so I expected the worse. But the repair cost was on $291.00. I gladly paid it. If it comes back totally repaired, and preforms as it did before, I'll give them an A+ for service.

Reactions: 80Aerial
Well so far, I'm really pleased with the service. Although I have not received the repaired done back yet, so I can't say how well the repair was done. Fortunately for me I live only a 2 hours drive from the service center. The same day I called them they sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label. I shipped it out on the 11th, they got it on the 12th. today I got an email saying that the repairs have been completed and the drone is being flight tested. I expect to have it back by this weekend the 22nd. Their web site was great in keeping me informed every step of the way. They had to change a lot of small parts on the Gimbal, and the Main Board. The crash was totally my fault, so I expected the worse. But the repair cost was on $291.00. I gladly paid it. If it comes back totally repaired, and preforms as it did before, I'll give them an A+ for service.

Thats good to hear their customer service was good. In my crash I broke the gimball arm, the ribbon wire on the gimbal, and the OFDM receiver. Since I had already bought all the replacement parts I am trying to avoid sending it in at all cost.

Agreed.

If every post was "I flew today no issues" be a bit boring.

However I flew saturday, great flight no issues.:)

Me too. Oh wait that was Sunday. Chased a cruise ship. Almost caught it too. lol.

Me personally , the amount of crashes being proved to be pilot error makes me feel better. Still feel sorry for the other person but feel better about my machine.

Have lost one Standard, but my P3A is great about returning.

Thats good to hear their customer service was good. In my crash I broke the gimbal arm, the ribbon wire on the gimbal, and the OFDM receiver. Since I had already bought all the replacement parts I am trying to avoid sending it in at all cost.
I also broke the Gimal arm and damaged the ribbon cable. I ordered and replaced those parts myself. I flew fine after that. But having so much money invested in the Pro, I decided to sent it in anyway for evaluation. Good think I did, because they found other things that were damaged. I will definitely be more careful in the future.

It has absolutely nothing to do with DJI hardware or software, it is completely one fact and one fact only. These drones are becoming more popular than ever with all sorts of people purchasing them with absolutely no ability or experience flying anything. Then when they crash or lose their drone their total inability to accept fault, and needing to lash out and blame someone else, the manufacturer.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
To say you are ill-informed would be putting things mildly. I've been flying for quite some time and the issues with the software/hardware is well documented. If you did know more about the topic you'd understand that the flight logs can show without any doubt issues with the hardware such as I experienced (GPS and compass failure). It's no surprise that there are issues as the technology is quite impressive to fit in such a small package (ICU, Compass, Accelerometers, Gyro's, vision positioning, etc.). To keep any bird in flight manufacturers use redundancy. Due to cost factors DJI (or anyone else) can only go so far with that. If you think that all crashes are due to user error clearly you haven't done any research whatsoever and haven't done any reading on this forum. Ever hear of GPS health? Doubt it.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Keep a sense of proportion. DJI sold 650,000 units last year, and that'll be 1m this year. On here, there are far more moans, pilot complications and RTFM issues discussed than those saying "it flies brilliantly without a single problem" but, without doubt, if they were published, they would outweigh the former 10,000 to 1.
Yes there are a few hardware failures - and yes, I'd be bloody annoyed if I had one of those and I'd be banging in the door of my retailer to fix it - but the vast majority of those falling out of the sky and hitting the ground are caused by pilot error.

Last edited:

personally I don't see the same post as you are seeing then

I have only seen a couple true fly away posts in a long time.
and crashes are a dime a dozen,, what goes up will come down...

how it comes down is mostly up to the operator ...

BTW.

I flew yesterday, no crash , no fly away,
don't have gripes about dji service on my part (6 phantoms, never needed dji once).

my p3p works as advertised and has since day one.

all current updates , app and FW as I have done for a long while. and it still works
imagine that!
yea I quess that was a bit boring for a post

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: DronerLee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31