Is there something wrong with my drone (wind)

Reaction score
Today I hit wind gusts of close to 10 miles per hour and my drone went crazy! This happened twice and I had to get it under control and autoland immediately. I am a newbie but this seems like very low winds to kick my drones butt or am I wrong? And I don't know if this is relevant but I did just put on carbon fiber blend prop blades and a landing gear extende I got off Amazon. Thanks!

I don't know if this is relevant but I did just put on carbon fiber blend prop blades
Are they OEM DJI blades? If not, that could be causing your problem. Tread carefully with 3rd party blades.

Today I hit wind gusts of close to 10 miles per hour and my drone went crazy! This happened twice and I had to get it under control and autoland immediately. I am a newbie but this seems like very low winds to kick my drones butt or am I wrong? And I don't know if this is relevant but I did just put on carbon fiber blend prop blades and a landing gear extende I got off Amazon. Thanks!

I don't know what prop blades and landing gear you are referring to but

Yes 10 mph is what I would consider a average to good flying day for wind.

However are you sure the wind was 10mph at the altitude you were flying. ? Remember as you go higher the wind increases.

I have flown in 15mph wind on He ground and probably 20mph at 400ft and it was fine.

Also you were in GPs mode right? Not atti

I don't know what prop blades and landing gear you are referring to but

Yes 10 mph is what I would consider a average to good flying day for wind.

However are you sure the wind was 10mph at the altitude you were flying. ? Remember as you go higher the wind increases.

I have flown in 15mph wind on He ground and probably 20mph at 400ft and it was fine.

Also you were in GPs mode right? Not atti

Son of a gun!!! I just went to check my remote and my switch was in the down position! Is there anyway to check at what point in the flight that could have happened? I did throw it into auto land when it started going haywire though.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Son of a gun!!! I just went to check my remote and my switch was in the down position! Is there anyway to check at what point in the flight that could have happened? I did throw it into auto land when it started going haywire though.

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you open up the go app and tap the top left icon which is a arrow or something to bring up your flights.

Watch your flight back and you should see a message pop up on your screen when it switches to atti mode.

Ok I checked the flight log. It shows that a compass error occurred and the drone switched to atti mode. Could the switch have caused the compass error or was the atti mode caused by the compass failure? I was in my yard just fooling around with no possible interference sources at less than 15 ft altitude.

Ok I checked the flight log. It shows that a compass error occurred and the drone switched to atti mode. Could the switch have caused the compass error or was the atti mode caused by the compass failure? I was in my yard just fooling around with no possible interference sources at less than 15 ft altitude.

Hard to tell to be honest, im gonna say yes it can, sometimes these things just play up, then after a restart there fine again.. i hit the atti switch by mistake a few nights ago and i got a satellite positioning error , restarted an it was fine.. More than likely the compass error caused the atti mode switch

sometimes i get compass errors for no reason what so ever, sometimes before flight sometimes at landing, sometimes when it sat on the wooden dining table lol, i think the compasses are very sensitive and sometimes for unknown reasons they do just error,

It would be simpler if you only had one post about your problem.
If you put on landing gear extensions, that has potential to upset compass issues if it has moved the compass further from the electronics in the Phantom.
Did you recalibrate the compass afterwards?

You can also disable multiple flight modes in dji go, so you can't accidentally put it into atti. Wouldn't help you in your case, but somehing to consider.

You can also disable multiple flight modes in dji go, so you can't accidentally put it into atti. Wouldn't help you in your case, but somehing to consider.

Really. I didn't know that. I hate to be a bother but do you have a link or can explain how to? Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik