P4 Firmware something is wrong with latest firmware

Reaction score
I am in Norway and got a message about I needed latest firmware,but but but:(Now I have got restricted area even above open water. There must be something wrong with this firmware. There are lots of restricted fly area where I know its legal to fly. Someone who knows anything about this???

Reactions: AuldGimpy
Are you actually unable to fly in these new areas, or are you just getting that pop up that allows you to waive this warning?

I have not done to much research but from what I have experied so do i Get the pop up on the screen and other places not flying at all. The propp rotete slow and IT will not lift

Here is a link to DJI's GEO Zone Map: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

As you will see by the color key, there are Restricted Area as well as Warning Areas. In Restricted Areas, the copter should not fly. It may start and idle. I am not sure and have never tried. In Warning Areas, you will be prompted by a Warning pop-up that you must select and waive to remove this message.

Pull up the map of your area and see what you are dealing with. Also, some Restricted/Warning areas may not be on the map.

In general, if you cannot fly for this reason, it may not be a good place to do so.

I'm not saying that I am in full agreement with DJI limiting where we can fly our copters, and I realize some other manufacturers don't do this, BUT, this industry is just growing way faster than the applicable regulations that would govern it, and until common sense regulations are established, I feel that these limitations are in everyone's best interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matho
Thank you very much for this useful information. Still I am sure that the areas where I tried is fully legal flying. But I will do a better research to be 100% sure. I have spoken with some people from the nearest airports and they could not understand it

Here in the USA sometimes we get temporary no fly zones where it is normally fine to fly. Mayne that's the cause?

Many No Fly Zones in Norway were incorrectly marked as Prohibited. Most cities with heliports/hospitals were completely in the “red”. After DJI got attention from Norwegian drone users that legal airspace was cut of, DJI corrected the problem and issued a new Flysafe database update. See if you have the latest database installed and check again if you are in a no fly zone.

Hi
Tried yesterday and still there are lots of non fly zone which is wrong. In my town Porsgrunn there are a big non fly zone which is wrong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20