Is There No One With A P3?

Reaction score
Is there no one out there who actually has a P3? There must be someone (journalist or tech writer) who still has their demo/review unit who could possibly answer a number of these questions?

Or have DJI conveniently got them all back now which means that all that's left is speculation and confusion as there's no one to actually say "hang on I'll just check"

It seems those who have them (or had them) just had pre-production units.

I was thinking this this afternoon looking for someone on YouTube to ask my million dollar question to CE and FCC settings. I keep hitting the refresh button on the dji website to live chat but it has stated offline all day.

The FCC/CE restrictions in regard to Europe as opposed to our American brethren has pretty much been put to bed on another forum. You have to read the full thread, more than 80 pages, but it would seem units coming into the UK and Europe are now in compliance with a new directive that came into force at the beginning of 2015 restricting their range and transmitter power. It is software governed, so pretty much irreversible. The information came in a post from one of DJI's own top people; leastways, that's the way I understand it. And until I'm persuaded otherwise, that's what I shall accept.

Is there no one out there who actually has a P3? There must be someone (journalist or tech writer) who still has their demo/review unit who could possibly answer a number of these questions?

Or have DJI conveniently got them all back now which means that all that's left is speculation and confusion as there's no one to actually say "hang on I'll just check"
Go over to RCgroups and ask Ed or Blade.
They are both flying P3s

Given the fact that the Phantom 3's technology is largely that of the Inspire 1 and the controller is apparently that used with the Inspire 1, I doodled over to the DJI website and downloaded and installed the DJI Pilot app. It is worth doing, just to familiarise yourself with some of the changes you need to get to grips with, and there is also a lot of other very useful information.

Yea i have been having a good look over that for a couple of weeks now, still blows my mind as to everything we are going to be able to do.

Senior moment. I forgot to mention I also downloaded the Inspire 1's user manual which has a massive amount of very useful information to drool over.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31