Is there any remote switching capability?

Reaction score
New P2 w/Zenmuse owner. Would like to be able to mount a LED torch under the Phantom and be able to switch it on/off from the transmitter. Is there any to do this with the transmitter/receiver that comes with the P2? Like reprogramming the X1 or X2 switches to control a digital on/off control signal or something.

You can't reassign the S1/S2 switches on the stock controller without re-wiring the controller itself, so the only way to do what you're asking with that would be to use the gimbal control channel to control an aftermarket RC power switch.

I would like to keep the gimbal functionality to aim the flashlight. I guess I could position a micro toggle that is triggered by moving the gimbal up or down, but prefer a dedicated circuit/channel.

I have no problem rewiring the switches in the controller, but not sure what to rewire them to. OI Photography, can you elaborate?

oldiemotors said:
I would like to keep the gimbal functionality to aim the flashlight

You want to mount the flashlight to the gimbal? The gimbal isn't designed or set up to handle that kind of weight and balance. You don't want to put anything on the Zenmuse other than the gopro...no more no less (I believe it has ~9g tolerance)

When I mentioned re-wiring the controller, it was more a theoretical than a suggestion. I just meant that to have one of the switches control the X1 channel (the only spare channel on the Phantom) instead of the lever, you'd have to figure out how to wire that switch to the channel in the Tx currently connected to the pot under the lever. I have no idea what it would take to do that in the Phantom controller...and you'd still have to give up the 7th channel to do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl