Is there a way to see if a battery sustained internal damage during a fall?

makneyse

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I recently had a flyaway and crash from 60 ft up. The drone got totalled and the battery popped out in the process. I sent everything into DJI for assessment and received my original remote and battery back (plus a new drone!). Even though the battery seems to work as it should, are there any tests I can do (or that DJI might have done?) to see if it sustained any major damage? I know there are flight logs and such for the drone. I just wasn't sure if there are any ways to know a battery's status.

And yeah, if in doubt, don't fly with it.

The post about my crash can be found here:

I recently had a flyaway and crash from 60 ft up. The drone got totalled and the battery popped out in the process. I sent everything into DJI for assessment and received my original remote and battery back (plus a new drone!). Even though the battery seems to work as it should, are there any tests I can do (or that DJI might have done?) to see if it sustained any major damage? I know there are flight logs and such for the drone. I just wasn't sure if there are any ways to know a battery's status.

It might be ok if they return it to your,,mutimeter to check volts or the good old press and hold power button for 5 secs,how many lights come up depends on internal cell health,,,4 excellent,,3 ok ,,2 and 1 don't fly it,,just use for setting up at home,,,yes any doubt don't use,,,,this could vary if battery has been charged heaps,,I think my first battery only get 172 charges before it went bad which close to the limit of when they start to play games,,,,unsure with what happen I not clever enough to make informed decision of why it fly away but will look

Reactions: makneyse

Phantom and Mavic batteries are pretty tough. I would say if there is no obvious physical damage and it holds a charge you should be fine. You can check voltage, button test, Go or Litchi batt monitor. Ive dropped batteries from much higher than 60ft back in the beginning when I used to build my drones and they came out just fine in most cases.

Reactions: makneyse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31