Is there a way to keep my maps loaded??

Reaction score
I preload all my maps though my iPad mini 2 , once I have them loaded really nicely I'll disconnect from wifi, and go fly.. The problem is whenever my tablet reconnects to wifi, even if I don't even open the dji app, my maps will all disappear and I'll have to re-load them all..

For instance the other day I had all my maps loaded on the dji app, I went and flew, the next day I took my tablet to work where I use their wifi to browse on the Internet/ Facebook or whatever.. And even tho I never once open my dji app while connected to wifi.. I'll get home from work.. Where I do not have wifi.. I go to fly my quad, open the app, and boom all my maps are gone.. This is SO annoying! Everytime I get a good loaded map I loose it Everytime my tablet connects to a network..

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is there a setting I can turn off that will stop my maps from being lost every single time I connect to wifi? Or is this just something I gotta put up with if I preload my maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I preload all my maps though my iPad mini 2 , once I have them loaded really nicely I'll disconnect from wifi, and go fly.. The problem is whenever my tablet reconnects to wifi, even if I don't even open the dji app, my maps will all disappear and I'll have to re-load them all..

For instance the other day I had all my maps loaded on the dji app, I went and flew, the next day I took my tablet to work where I use their wifi to browse on the Internet/ Facebook or whatever.. And even tho I never once open my dji app while connected to wifi.. I'll get home from work.. Where I do not have wifi.. I go to fly my quad, open the app, and boom all my maps are gone.. This is SO annoying! Everytime I get a good loaded map I loose it Everytime my tablet connects to a network..

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is there a setting I can turn off that will stop my maps from being lost every single time I connect to wifi? Or is this just something I gotta put up with if I preload my maps?

You could try permanently caching them like this: Ting tip for iOS: Download Google Maps for offline use | Ting Blog

No idea whether Go will overwrite them once you open the app back up, but might be worth a try.

Does this work as I have the same issue on iPad mini 2 wifi only? Sometimes I forget to load the maps prior to flight...

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Well mine load fine.. Long as you have it enabled to load maps via wifi, when you are disconnected it will stay... My issue is that after my ipad reconnects to wifi even if I never even open the dji app, my maps will be totally gone, and I'll have to start all over again.. Worst part is, I usually don't notice they disappeared on me until the next time I go fly.. And then I gotta fly with no maps and a that sucks

Well mine load fine.. Long as you have it enabled to load maps via wifi, when you are disconnected it will stay... My issue is that after my ipad reconnects to wifi even if I never even open the dji app, my maps will be totally gone, and I'll have to start all over again.. Worst part is, I usually don't notice they disappeared on me until the next time I go fly.. And then I gotta fly with no maps and a that sucks

So did you try my suggestion? Curious to know if it works. Is there a way to keep my maps loaded??

No I didn't my bad... I actually forgot I had even made that post... I work a TON and sometimes write up posts at work.. Forgot all about it, I will definitely try this! Thanks for your help bud

Does this work as I have the same issue on iPad mini 2 wifi only? Sometimes I forget to load the maps prior to flight...

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

I feel like this may only work for google maps app.. But I'll give it a try cuz I have nothing to loose. I'll let you guys know what happends ..

Ok I saved the map of my location in google earth... Still don't have much hope whether it will work or not but we will see.. I'll keep y'all posted

Reactions: hotashes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers