Is there a return-to-home range?

Reaction score
When I invoke 'return to home' and my P3 is say 30 meters out and 30 meters up, it goes straight down and attempts to land. Is there a set distance it has to be away before it will actually return to the 'set' home point?

Ahh yes, a deadband! I've been wondering the same thing. Even tested on the simulator and within 20M it just lands

Ahh yes, a deadband! I've been wondering the same thing. Even tested on the simulator and within 20M it just lands

Never thought about the simulator, but I did test outside just now and 20m it is. I obviously overestimated the original 30m in my first post.
18056-52e7772f9907190ce8057d79977c9afc.jpg

So are you saying that if my P3P is more than 20M away (assuming that's metres and not miles), and the battery level is low, then it will NOT return to home ??

So are you saying that if my P3P is more than 20M away (assuming that's metres and not miles), and the battery level is low, then it will NOT return to home ??
It will not return to the exact home point that it took off from, but within 20 meters. You just don't want to be over a point that would damage the copter or maybe over water or somewhere that it would be unretreivable, --it will descend and land if you activate the RTH at 20 meters or less.. In fact I would play it safe and allow 30 meters

Thanks for your reply Bob, but I am still a bit confused....If the bird is around 200 to 300 meters away, and I press the RTH switch on the RC, will the bird actually RTH and land close to where it departed ?

After watching a few more Tube videos, I can now understand the RTH system.
Thanks for your replies...
Baron

After watching a few more Tube videos, I can now understand the RTH system.
Thanks for your replies...
Baron
Return to Home now-- it is getting a bit late or early I should say :)

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic