Is there a fix for the tilted horizon issue

No, it is not fixed, and there is no public-knowledge plan from DJI to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dadsmith73
My personal opinion is it effects all P4s to some extent or the other. If you think you don't have it, it just hasn't reared its ugly head yet because mine has a perfect horizon sometimes too

I manually manipulated my tilt while the bird was in the air, using the C(1?) button on the bottom while rotating the wheel near it... that combo adjusts the tilt of the camera while in flight. After I did that I don't have the issue any longer.

I manually manipulated my tilt while the bird was in the air, using the C(1?) button on the bottom while rotating the wheel near it... that combo adjusts the tilt of the camera while in flight. After I did that I don't have the issue any longer.

I did the same but after a few seconds tilt would "pop" back

Reactions: zacksomeone
Well he is full of Kaka... Folks that have the horizon tilt will continue to have the issue even after IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration.

I have not heard about the recent firmware fixing the horizon tilt issue..

Last edited:
As I have stated many times before, this is a hardware issue and needs to be sent back. Pretty much the first batch was effected by this.

I returned mine and it was from a new batch and the horizon is much better, and when turning it still maintains a level horizon.

I'm curious on what evidence you are basing the "hardware issue" statement? I had a friend return an early-release P4 for a brand new one just last week. The new one was level for the first 1-2 flights, but now it's worse than the early model he returned!

As I have stated many times before, this is a hardware issue and needs to be sent back. Pretty much the first batch was effected by this.

I returned mine and it was from a new batch and the horizon is much better, and when turning it still maintains a level horizon.

I've been going through the Facebook groups photos and the level of this tilted horizon problem is outrageous. I'm starting to think every P4 has it. Sometimes mine is perfectly level and you wouldn't think I suffer from it but I do, and if you own a P4, I think it's just a matter of time till you see it if you already haven't.

I've noticed the horizon issue is more pronounced when it's windy. Specifically when the bird is taking the brunt of the wind on its port or starboard. The Phantom would obviously be tilted towards the wind, & the gimbal doesn't seem to compensate.

In the attached video there is a 10-12 mph wind from the west. Watch the horizon when I'm heading towards the city (due north) & the wind is hitting the Phantom directly on her port side. The bird would be tilted left to hold against the wind, but the gimbal doesn't seem to know and is maintaining level with the airframe, hence the horizon tilted left. As she pans it will go level when facing east/west, or tilt the opposite direction when pointing south. To me this seems like a software issue.

I've been going through the Facebook groups photos and the level of this tilted horizon problem is outrageous. I'm starting to think every P4 has it. Sometimes mine is perfectly level and you wouldn't think I suffer from it but I do, and if you own a P4, I think it's just a matter of time till you see it if you already haven't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl