Remedy for "strobing" prop shadows

Reaction score
Greetings.

Flying and trying to film scenery videos in the morning and evening quite often gets spoiled by the "strobe" shadow from the props, when the sun lower over horizon. Are there any software remedy (and/or camera settings) to avoid that ?

Thanks

Attachments

• strobe.png
    strobe.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 80
Lower ISO and shutter speed. Slow down while flying to keep the drone from tilting.

Try flying backwards which tilt the props away from camera and/or fashion some type of camera hood around the camera lens

Greetings.

Flying and trying to film scenery videos in the morning and evening quite often gets spoiled by the "strobe" shadow from the props, when the sun lower over horizon. Are there any software remedy (and/or camera settings) to avoid that ?

Thanks
I had a Phantom 2 with a GoPro on a gimbal which had the same issue. After watching a video, I made a lens hood from a plastic cup in the shape of an oval, when cut in half, made the perfect shaped hood. Stuck it on with 3M double sided tape, worked perfectly. It may take some trial and error to get it to the right size so that it is out of the camera image. Now that I think of it, I may have attached it to an ND filter.

Inexpensive lens hood. Snaps on and shields from sun and prop flash. I use same one on P3P and P4. Bit larger one on P4A/P v1/2

In the past I have resorted to adding a lens hood. But be wary because even a light weight lens hood can act like a sail and catch the wind - wind gusts can overload the gimbal motors causing erratic camera tilting. This problem is accentuated when a filter is also mounted on the camera.
All the best, Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl