Is the Litchi App a more capable than DJI GO 4?

Reaction score
Is Litchi safer, and less prone to crashing while in mid-flight? I have noticed these problems in the DJI GO 4 App, and I want to keep my drone in tip condition, rather than have it crash mid-flight. Any help and input is greatly appreciated!

Is Litchi safer, and less prone to crashing while in mid-flight?
Generally speaking app crashes are due to the device you are using and not the app itself. If you do not have a fast processor and LOTS of RAM especially. That could happen with either one.

Reactions: Capt KO
Welcome to the Forum!

IMO, You would have been best to stay with your original thread, because of what you have already posted. Questions and details that are going to be asked again.

For others...
DJI GO 4 App disconnected from Phantom 4 Pro

Info I would add from your original thread.

Look at @msinger s help
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help
For compatible devices, and lag free devices.

Adding to @Fly Dawg stated,
He posted while I was typing my fastest (4 fingers)

Litchi, I believe takes up less resources the the DJI-Go's

Rod

That's all I'm adding to this. Litchi and I have parted ways. I'll use Go4 until something better comes along.

• Haha
Reactions: Shoot4fun
Updated app has done nothing but give me fits. Quit working all together on my tablet. Wouldn't load my waypoint missions I'd had saved. Gave me warnings constantly that GO4 wasn't even giving me (and that's saying something). I tried uninstalling/ reinstalling but nothing helped. Started out as simple black lines showing up on screen during flight. Next time it was a blackout in mid flight. Then it wouldn't give me camera view before launch without a complete restart, sometimes it took several restarts. Got tired and switched GO4 on and haven't had any issues. Waiting to see if there's enough people gripe about it and they fix it, or I'm out the $25 for the app. Either way, I ain't opening it till it's fixed.

Sorry to hear that. That's why I'm always cautious about updating.

Check your PMs

Updated app has done nothing but give me fits. Quit working all together on my tablet. Wouldn't load my waypoint missions I'd had saved. Gave me warnings constantly that GO4 wasn't even giving me (and that's saying something). I tried uninstalling/ reinstalling but nothing helped. Started out as simple black lines showing up on screen during flight. Next time it was a blackout in mid flight. Then it wouldn't give me camera view before launch without a complete restart, sometimes it took several restarts. Got tired and switched GO4 on and haven't had any issues. Waiting to see if there's enough people gripe about it and they fix it, or I'm out the $25 for the app. Either way, I ain't opening it till it's fixed.

For others and I, what is your bird and what is your mobile?

Rod

For me was after the update in the middle of the flight only a still image. The bird could still be controlled with Litchi.!? What is different, or even a new built-in error?

Translated with Google translator German / English

By the way, the German shepherd pictured on the profile picture is an animal from the shelter, and out of a very bad attitude. Very scared, but very lovable and affectionate, he follows me everywhere. Just for the explanation.

For others and I, what is your bird and what is your mobile?

Rod
I have (2) P3 standards and a P4 pro. Use my Galaxy s10+ mostly, since the tablet (Galaxy Tab A) is getting too old and slow. Need to upgrade. (Don't even mention crApple, either! I don't play well with iOS... ?)
(I assume you were asking me, @RodPad...?)

I have (2) P3 standards and a P4 pro. Use my Galaxy s10+ mostly, since the tablet (Galaxy Tab A) is getting too old and slow. Need to upgrade. (Don't even mention crApple, either! I don't play well with iOS... ?)
(I assume you were asking me, @RodPad...?)

Yep, was wondering about your setup. I use crApple for my Phone.

I only use iPad for using Litchi Flights, don't really use DJI-Go unless for setup settings, etc.

I do like Androids for apps the you can't get on crApple.

Never had a Mac, well maybe a few Big Mac's. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Yep, was wondering about your setup. I use crApple for my Phone.

I only use iPad for using Litchi Flights, don't really use DJI-Go unless for setup settings, etc.

I do like Androids for apps the you can't get on crApple.

Never had a Mac, well maybe a few Big Mac's. ;)

Rod
Rod, for some reason I just cannot abide iOS. I've tried a couple times with various platforms(iPad, iPhone, etc) and I just...Hate em! I know some who get on just great with it, but I ain't one of em. I prefer android, and always have. I use a few apps for the farm/agriculture that are either not available on to iOS, or they're a sorry second to the android based apps. There's a few that go the other way, but most I've found are much better on android. The Litchi thing has puzzled me for a while, and I'm still not clear what happened. Things were great. Flights were smooth. Waypoint missions, which I use A LOT, were going good. Then the app updated(I've since disabled auto updates for it) and it went straight down the toilet. None of my previous saved waypoint missions would load. I could create new ones, but couldn't save them. Then the whole blackout/app crash in flight occured and that soured me... I can't trust it with my P4p. Even switching to my relatively new (4 month old) Galaxy S10+ phone didn't fix the problem. I went back to GO4, and haven't had a single issue since. Haven't figured out waypoints yet, but I'm working on it!

Brad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik