Is the antenna circuit in the transmitter powered during charging?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an Intelite DBS range extended installed, which is removed when transporting so the radio will fit in my backpack.

I know that you run the risk of blowing the antenna circuit if you turn the radio on without the antennas connected.

Just wondering though, when I am charging the radio (with power switch off) is the charge circuit supplying power to the antennas in which case I would need to reconnect the antennas each time I charge, or am I safe to charge with the antennas disconnected.

Cheers,

Steve

No, the connectors coming from the transmitter board are inactive whenever the power is off. But care must be taken to ensure an antenna is connected BEFORE powering on the controller. Easy to miss if you are jumping to fly....

No, the connectors coming from the transmitter board are inactive whenever the power is off. But care must be taken to ensure an antenna is connected BEFORE powering on the controller. Easy to miss if you are jumping to fly....
Plus 1 for this, also the charging circuit should be isolated to just the battery which should include the LED indicators so you can see BSOC (battery state of charge)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl