Is it the Heat?, or being left for a period of time?

Heat or unpowered?

Good question since mine could have been either one.

When I flew it last November all was fine. Once mid winter I did what DJI recommends, remove props and run down the batteries and then recharge to half charge or something like that.

It could have been the heat from the batteries being discharged.

Or it could have been the two months after that when it just sat in it's case waiting for spring.

Wondering about leaving a half charged battery in it this winter. I bought a new wifi module a few weeks ago and an enjoying it once again. But if it's F'ed in the spring again I give up on it.

Heat or unpowered?

Good question since mine could have been either one.

When I flew it last November all was fine. Once mid winter I did what DJI recommends, remove props and run down the batteries and then recharge to half charge or something like that.

It could have been the heat from the batteries being discharged.

Or it could have been the two months after that when it just sat in it's case waiting for spring.

Wondering about leaving a half charged battery in it this winter. I bought a new wifi module a few weeks ago and an enjoying it once again. But if it's F'ed in the spring again I give up on it.

It should be fine, i would however power on the quad once a month or so for a few minutes, keep it cool with a fan if your doing it indoors

I too have the same problem. However, I cannot get my board to say, "BOOT ME" no matter how many times I've tried. I've even tried from a Win98 virtual machine, since I read that some people have issues with Windows 10. Checked and re-checked all solder connections. If I close out Terra Term and try to flash, all I get is, "waiting for DM368". Using the Win98 VM, I get, "cannot initialize". I would appreciate any suggestions, however, before anyone says that my board is no good, I should point out that I can fly with perfect video the first flight of any given day. After powering down to switch batteries, black screen. Mine is backwards, I have to wait some time for it to work, and then only once. Also, it cannot be heat related. I've checked it with a infrared thermometer and waited for it to cool to ambient and it still will only work once until I let it sit for a couple of days.

I think I've figured it out. Contrary to the instructions, the only way I've been able to get mine to say "Boot Me" was to have the 3.3 jumper soldered in place, the wifi board connected to the FT232 board, then plug it into the computer usb port, start Terra Term, pick the COM port and speed, and there it was! It still took 3 attempts and I had to use both sets of commands. Also, the confirmation of the flash fails, per section 4 of the instructions, but so far I've got video! Will try again tomorrow to see if it stays flashed.

Reactions: okstuv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik