Is it possible to format/erase the internal memory?

Don't know if you got this sorted but I have just tried to download chosen dat files from a P3P to a Macbook.
Once the drone was set up and connected to the macbook I saw the 'Drone' in the LH pane of finder, right clicking on the chosen files gave me the option to copy those files and I them pasted them into the destination folder. I cancelled the copy as it was taking too long and just copied Fly314 over.
I can't remember how I did the others, sorry, but that was some time ago

Attachments

• 20191105_204824 c&p.jpg
    20191105_204824 c&p.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 117
I must have a look at that, I only looked in the Disk Utility where it appears as a ghost drive and has to be made into an image on the desktop which at nearly 4Gb took over an hour!

Yeah it is very slow if you download all of the dat files, likewise with a Windows machine - something like 8 to 10 kB/s if memory serves me correctly.

Looks like answers have been provided. A friend of mine sold his P4P a while back and didn't like the idea of his details still entrenched on it (videos or screen grabs from previous flights), so he opened up the bird, removed card and formatted it). Right or wrong, it was done for the sake of privacy which DJI don't really value to begin with - since there's no procedure for arranging a clean wipe for the 2nd hand market. They must have expected anyone buying a drone is never going to sell it!

RoOSTA

Hum?
The only thing would be flight data, there wouldn't be picts or vids and on a P3s that sucker is glued in, sounds like to me your talking about the removable SD card that holds picts and vids?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik