Is it normal to have a little bit of visual breakup on the display when flying?

Reaction score
Hello fellow P pilots,
Is it normal to have a little bit of visual breakup on the display when flying?

I've had the P4P out now for a good amount of flights and have noticed that when I have it up fairly high, anywhere from 70-120m and I'm directly under it that the footage being beamed to my iPhone6+ breaks up maybe for a second (flitches to green screen) "occasionally maybe once every 10 - 30secs" which gives me a bit of a scare, but the control of the crat doesn't appear to be interupted at all.

Is this just normal transmission break up? Think I have been flying mostly 5.8ghz band.

My other experience is with P2+ which is like night and day compared to P4P, so hard for me to compared etc.

Any help would be great

Having it directly above you, and I'm guessing you're holding the controller normally with the antennas pointed roughly perpendicular to the ground, means that you have the weakest possible transmission to the drone, as you want the flat surfaces of the antennas pointed at the drone. So, image break-up at those heights is not all that surprising. I avoid flying directly over myself for that very reason.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
@tf35strike, here's a video that shows how to position the remote controller antennas:

Did you try to fly at the same heights but not directly above you and noticed the same behavior?

Avoid flying directly above you, it's generally a dead zone for signal. Also, use 5.8Ghz AUTO for best range and signal integrity. For missions more than 2mi away, use a Windsurfer parabolic dish on the antennas to help direct more signal to and from the craft better. Always ensure you have a LOS connection, NOTHING between you and the craft.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart