Is it dead? It did hit a truck and got hit by......

Good for him! What a moron. Glad he didn't cause a wreck and kill anyone.

What a frickin dickhead.
That is an absolute no no. Never fly so close over a highly populated roadway.
It's a wonder that thing didn't cause a crash.

walton95988 said:
... i had only wished you never managed to get it bk :x
What part of "Not My Video" did you not understand in the OP?

KMW said:
Good for him! What a moron. Glad he didn't cause a wreck and kill anyone.
Does everything have to be YOU'RE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE - EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE ??? All this does is to help spread the fear and unfounded hysteria.

Oh crap Steve, get so tired of you defending stupidity and bad judgement on this forum.

You are anti safety, anti regulation, anti AMA, anti FAA, and one of the most reactive posters here with your cries of "where's the blood and mayhem, why is everyone going to die" BS is tired. This flight was stupid and dangerous, and yeah, it could have caused a wreck.

HailStorm said:
Oh crap Steve, get so tired of you defending stupidity and bad judgement on this forum.

You are anti safety, anti regulation, anti AMA, anti FAA, and one of the most reactive posters here with your cries of "where's the blood and mayhem, why is everyone going to die" BS is tired. This flight was stupid and dangerous, and yeah, it could have caused a wreck.

So could a baseball sent over the fence. So could a piece of trash blowing out of a pickup truck ahead of you. So could a child throwing a toy out the window. Are those a result of stupidity or morons?

I do not defend stupidity and bad judgement - I am just not ready to call every flight into questionable situations stupidity and bad judgement as you are.

I am not anti-Anything, I would just like to see a smidge of common sense in all of the doom and gloom that is broadcast by members of this forum anytime they see a drone flight that they have decided is stupid or moronic.
I have never said anything that was anti safety, only that there has not been one single verified example of a small drone crash that resulted in serious injury to anyone not connected to the flight. NOT ONE. Yet the prevailing fear mongering theme here seems to be that if you fly over someone's head that WE'RE DOOMED, EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE!
I have never said anything that was anti regulation, just that I do oppose stupid overreaction regulations.
I never said anything anti FAA, I simply post that the agency is completely out of touch with the small UAV reality. For example, the FAA recently said "The FAA currently estimates as many as 7,500 small commercial UAS may be in use by 2018". There's probably almost that many potential commercial drone operators in California operating under the radar today.

I will admit to having been anti AMA for a while. However, I have re-examined that position and joined them. I may still disagree with some of their positions, but as a member of the AMA, I now have a right to question them.

So could a baseball sent over the fence. So could a piece of trash blowing out of a pickup truck ahead of you. So could a child throwing a toy out the window. Are those a result of stupidity or morons?

Except neither a baseball, piece of trash nor a child's tossed toy are being directly controlled along their path by a person operating an RC transmitter, are they? So yeah, your moronic analogy was stupid too.

Seriously, your definition of unsafe, stupid, or moronic is that it has to result in blood, severe injury, or death? I've never seen you label any flight as unsafe, but I have seen you defend many an example of irresponsible piloting and your canned response of "where is the blood, where is they mayhem?" is just stupid.

Flying into heavy traffic low enough to clip a big rig's trailer is stupid. And probably a moron was the pilot.

Steve, Hailstorm, wanna see what a piece of trash blowing out of a pickup truck can do? Google Maria Federici. Make sure you look at her before and after photos.

walton95988 said:
You should be charged with a crime for doing that... that was stupid and immature to say the least... i had only wished you never managed to get it bk :x

You are funny.

Noël said:
Not my video!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrLC72s5xCs[/youtube]

I think it'll be fine for another trip :eek:

HailStorm said:
I've never seen you label any flight as unsafe, but I have seen you defend many an example of irresponsible piloting and your canned response of "where is the blood, where is they mayhem?" is just stupid.
Well, you would be wrong: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34962

When you and other fearmongers call any flight over anything not totally deserted as stupid and irresponsible, you are adding to the fear, ignorance and hysteria directed toward small drones. Was the flight over a busy highway reckless? At that altitude, yes. But what is gained by calling that pilot a moron? The fact that a truck hit the Phantom is enough punishment for the owner of that former Phantom.

The reason I ask for "where's the blood" (and I have been actively looking for the blood for months) is because the general fear, ignorance and hysteria that we occasionally confront, including fear mongering on this forum, is simply not based in fact. Yes, some people do stupid things with their drones but the result is usually the destruction of their Phantom. There has never been a serious injury to someone not involved in the flight. Never. So what is the reason for "the sky is falling" reaction? The pilot probably knows he did something stupid or reckless - what possible good comes from calling a stupid person, stupid? (A bit redundant, actually).

Phantom owners, especially new ones would benefit from the sharing and discussion of accidents. I am sure many would learn from constructive criticism and maybe think again before they duplicate the flight into poor judgement. But if they are instantly attacked as stupid, moronic, reckless, etc, no positive experience can happen as they won't post it in the first place.

Hey HailStorm,

I keep reviewing this post and coming to the same conclusion.

Don't waste your time.

First and foremost, no personal attacks are allowed on the forum. Doing so could get you a warning or ban. Play nice.

Secondly, I don't think anyone on this forum could defend the footage in that video. Examples of trash or baseball's would be random and accidental, not intentional like shown here. The pilot was extremely reckless in this case... I'm not sure how it could be seen any other way.

Nice save LuvMyTJ. ;)

Could someone translate some of what the guy in the video is saying?

Is he the pilot/moron, or the new owner of a thrashed Phantom?

IflyinWY said:
Nice save LuvMyTJ. ;)

Could someone translate some of what the guy in the video is saying?

Is he the pilot/moron, or the new owner of a thrashed Phantom?
a quote from a comment on YouTube

"for those who don't understand spanish, the uploader of the video isn't the owner of the Phantom, he's just sharing the video for the real owner (and *******) who crashed the drone in the highway"

What is odd is that there is all that Spanish dialogue at the end of the clip, as if it is the raw footage. However, very early on there are a couple of splices in the sequence so the video does appear to have been edited (so why leave the dialogue in?). It would be interesting to see the entire sequence from take off to impact.

It is not clear whether this flew away immediately that the quad was flown near the power lines, or if the pilot really was a nut-job who wanted to fly head on into traffic.

Every single time somebody does something stupid with their drone the masses on this forum think the sky is falling and every drone will be banned and the "hobby" will be ruined forever. Very few forum members are able to look at the situation objectively and reasonably. Very few people actually stop and think the person responsible for the actual indecent is the person at fault. Fortunately with stories such as these the person responsible, not the community or the hobby, does end up getting punished in one way or another. The hobby and the commercial side of things is thriving despite the very few people doing stupid things.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl