Is IMU calibration really my only issue?

Reaction score
My issue is whenever I fly as of summer, (flown all winter with no issues at all) mid flight my P2 goes into failsafe and auto lands EVERYTIME! I left it in the basement for 6 hours with a fan on it, I plugged into the flight assistant and soon as it powered on it started flashing yellow and at the bottom of the screen it says failsafe! I calibrated the IMU with no over heating issues, I then noticed in transmitter it was switched to updated version but I DO NOT have the updated controller with the rolling ball gimbal control I have the basic with the small lever in back for gimbal control so I thought ah this must be the issue but is it? so I then switched it to basic, power cycled but when the settings came back online it was back to advanced?!?!?!?!?! I then attempted to switch it back to basic AGAIN! went to calibrate the IMU with the transmitter setting switched and then the over heating warning came up, I Xed out rather then hitting yes and it just stoped, power cycled and R.C. is back on advanced!?!?!?!?! got it back down in the basement with the fan going and will try again in a few hours, this is really bumming me out, any ideas???? anybody?????

My issue is whenever I fly as of summer, (flown all winter with no issues at all) mid flight my P2 goes into failsafe and auto lands EVERYTIME! I left it in the basement for 6 hours with a fan on it, I plugged into the flight assistant and soon as it powered on it started flashing yellow and at the bottom of the screen it says failsafe! I calibrated the IMU with no over heating issues, I then noticed in transmitter it was switched to updated version but I DO NOT have the updated controller with the rolling ball gimbal control I have the basic with the small lever in back for gimbal control so I thought ah this must be the issue but is it? so I then switched it to basic, power cycled but when the settings came back online it was back to advanced?!?!?!?!?! I then attempted to switch it back to basic AGAIN! went to calibrate the IMU with the transmitter setting switched and then the over heating warning came up, I Xed out rather then hitting yes and it just stoped, power cycled and R.C. is back on advanced!?!?!?!?! got it back down in the basement with the fan going and will try again in a few hours, this is really bumming me out, any ideas???? anybody?????

Your not supplying much information in your quest for answers.

1) Is your P2 equipped with FPV?
2) What the battery percentage and voltage when in failsafe/autoland?
3) Have you changed the limit setting?
4) Did you update firmware for both RC and P2?

If you indoors and you've turned on the P2 and it has gone through the startup sequence the LEDs will flash yellow as the GPS antenna strong enough to get satellites through the walls of you home.

If your answer to question 4 that may be the cause of your problems with the RC TX switching back to upgrade version and also for stopping the IMU cal when X's out the error message. DJI does some pretty stupid things when making chances to the software like for getting there's a P2 v1 still out there.
That is why many of us don't jump the gun and upgrade every time DJI comes out with upgrades.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl