Is Flying For Dronebase Worth It?

Reaction score
I saw some old threads that several people said Dronebase "doesn't pay that much." Like what are some examples and what types of jobs on average? Is it like 80% Real Estate Shoots and 20% other stuff like roof inspections and mapping? Like what would the pay be on average for say 30 minute drive each way (an hour drive time) and a real estate shoot with photos and video that takes maybe what an hour while on site including, parking, property owner contact (if necessary) set up and pack up time? Does the pay even vary with different drive time or is it pretty fixed?

I saw some old threads that several people said Dronebase "doesn't pay that much." Like what are some examples and what types of jobs on average? Is it like 80% Real Estate Shoots and 20% other stuff like roof inspections and mapping? Like what would the pay be on average for say 30 minute drive each way (an hour drive time) and a real estate shoot with photos and video that takes maybe what an hour while on site including, parking, property owner contact (if necessary) set up and pack up time? Does the pay even vary with different drive time or is it pretty fixed?
The pay is usually low and it really depends on where you are located. If there is much or sometimes any drive time there may not be much money to be made. A standard real estate job which you can usually fly in less than 45 minutes starts with a $70 payout and may go up if they have ordered custom shots. I have seen them as low as $50, ouch! Mapping jobs just depend on the area being mapped but seem to start at around a $100 payout. Hope that helps!

You will never make a real profit flying for DroneBase. I look at it as practice for better paying jobs. DroneBase has standards of what they expect. Once you can do an acceptable job for DroneBase, I use those standards and shot list for other jobs that pay better. Swimpmeister's estimation of payout is accurate.

Reactions: cneedelman
I have done a few jobs for them. They do pay low but the ones I've done have been within a few miles of my location (didn't even have to buy gas).

You will never make a real profit flying for DroneBase. I look at it as practice for better paying jobs. DroneBase has standards of what they expect. Once you can do an acceptable job for DroneBase, I use those standards and shot list for other jobs that pay better. Swimpmeister's estimation of payout is accurate.
So true. I took one job from DroneBase so I know that of which I speak. I had to drive 15 minutes to shoot drone video of the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Contest. Required several (handheld) closeups of each contestant top to bottom and front to rear. Very tedious work and the contestants were constantly messing with me. So, imagine my disgust when DroneBase handed me my paycheck for a lousy $50! They wanted me to do the shoot again next year and I told 'em to take a hike...

Reactions: Difficult-Airlines
Dronebase and other similar type outfits are what I call grunt work, they can help you establish yourself (resume/portfolio) for better paying jobs down the road. Not many people are going to pay good money to someone with no experience/track record.

Reactions: dronesky
So true. I took one job from DroneBase so I know that of which I speak. I had to drive 15 minutes to shoot drone video of the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Contest. Required several (handheld) closeups of each contestant top to bottom and front to rear. Very tedious work and the contestants were constantly messing with me. So, imagine my disgust when DroneBase handed me my paycheck for a lousy $50! They wanted me to do the shoot again next year and I told 'em to take a hike...
Yeah, the nerve! Tell you what - accept next year's shoot, bring me along to help out and I'll slip you another $50.

If you sign on with Drone base all the jobs are optional so you’ve got nothing to lose.
The training they give it’s free.

Reactions: Recoveryone
It could just be where I live but ive only gotten 1 job request through them in 6 months. On top of that, it was a poor paying job. Something like traveling 40 miles round trip for $70. The job itself wasn’t that difficult but it would’ve taken at least an hour to complete.

It could just be where I live but ive only gotten 1 job request through them in 6 months. On top of that, it was a poor paying job. Something like traveling 40 miles round trip for $70. The job itself wasn’t that difficult but it would’ve taken at least an hour to complete.
If it had been a 10 minute drive would’ve been a good paying job. I’ve gotten the similar jobs that were 10 minutes away and took me 20 minutes for $70 which is not too bad.
Have you found other jobs?

Reactions: Arasmus
If it had been a 10 minute drive would’ve been a good paying job. I’ve gotten the similar jobs that were 10 minutes away and took me 20 minutes for $70 which is not too bad.
Have you found other jobs?
Yea, that’s pretty good. There’s some decent jobs on Droners.io. Seems to be more active but pilots can bid for each project and it’s kind of a race to the bottom haha. A $180 job ends up being accepted by a pilot willing to do it for $40 haha.

Reactions: JimD.
What kind of insurance do you guys recommend? Hourly, monthly, annual?
With Skywatch a month costs like $52.
It would be annoying to pay for insurance and not getting jobs.

Yea, that’s pretty good. There’s some decent jobs on Droners.io. Seems to be more active but pilots can bid for each project and it’s kind of a race to the bottom haha. A $180 job ends up being accepted by a pilot willing to do it for $40 haha.

Are you able to see the bids of competitors?
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair