is DJI really giving more features to cheaper drones?

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on panoramic shots for DJI phantom 4 pro.

I know you guys are going to tell me to download litchi. But, thats not the point.

I don't understand how DJI can give more features to Mavic, Mavic Air and Spark.

But, they don't add the Sphere panoramas to the Phantom 4 pro?

Makes no sense that i paid extra for this aircraft and cheaper models are now shooting 4k and extra features that the Phantom 4 pro does not have. Its frustrating. Any update or timeline they have planned for adding to Phantom 4 pro?

Reactions: loonie01
I think the 4 pro has an update that gives it a pano mode. I’ve been waiting for my p4a to get the mode for a while too.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I know you guys are going to tell me to download litchi. But, thats not the point.
Any update or timeline they have planned for adding to Phantom 4 pro?
If you wanted to have automated panorama shooting, it's been available for weeks already:
P4P Pano Mode Review | tl;dr I'm impressed
The P4P does have a firmware update for the Pano, but with that firmware update what problems will you also get?
You find far more people talking about firmware updates causing problems, than people that actually have problems.
That contributes to the ongoing myth and a perception that is probably incorrect.

I don't understand how DJI can give more features to Mavic, Mavic Air and Spark.

But, they don't add the Sphere panoramas to the Phantom 4 pro?

Makes no sense that i paid extra for this aircraft and cheaper models are now shooting 4k and extra features that the Phantom 4 pro does not have. Its frustrating. Any update or timeline they have planned for adding to Phantom 4 pro?

So keep in mind that your Phantom 4 Pro is still top dog in many ways. The camera is better and thus you can make some great amazing Pano shots without all the nonsense of being automated. Automated is for the newbies. Those that do not know how to push more than one button, and if you have the Phantom Pro that is because you wanted the best you could get for your money and you have it.

You have a drone that has been given a lot of TLC we loved it so much we created the Phantomrain Wet Suit so we could fly the Phantom iin extreme weather conditions without worry..

So I have my own way of doing Panos but this guy shows you a great way of doing it and the results are going to be much better than you can get with the Pano automated mode, maybe not as fast but not bad.

It will also teach you so much about the camera and let you detail it in.

The only real loss is the mode that you can use in Litch to fly in a set pattern, we all miss that ability but are better pilots by working around it. None the less would be nice to have.

ohh here is the link : You can use any software that has a photo merge and I guarantee you the results will be equal if not much better than what those other drones are going to get..

Approved vendor
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Shoemaker
I have updated my P4P+ with the latest firmware. I have had no problems so far with the a/c. I am still waiting for DJI to release the controller update so I can do panos....

I have updated my P4P+ with the latest firmware. I have had no problems so far with the a/c. I am still waiting for DJI to release the controller update so I can do panos....
Wow, sorry about that.

I missed the +. I wondered about that type issue when I chose the P4P. Your screen is top notch though.

Thanks for the explanation.

v/r rch

Reactions: FarmerMac
You can easily shoot panoramas without any app automation.
It's as simple as click, rotate, click, rotate, click

Keep in mind that when you do install third party apps on a device , there is a greater chance of the software crashing. I keep telling Plus users , I have not had a single software crash as of yet, and that is why that is great.
I also can be up and flying with in minutes , as you do not have to worry about the phone being charged or the cords , the only real let down is not being able to program a flight, But the other rewards are far greater in many ways.
Seriously who is having more fun, the guy that is talking on the phone flying his drone , or the guy who has his phone tied up.. Thank you SIRI

You can easily shoot panoramas without any app automation.
It's as simple as click, rotate, click, rotate, click
Agree100%! This was shot manually and then stitched in PT GUI
DJI_0040 Panorama-resized5kpx.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl