Is DJI GO 3.1.0 as bad as the iTunes reviews

Reaction score
I am getting my first Phantom P3 Pro this week and have been busy researching apps and manuals. I have an iPhone 6 and was reading the reviews for the DJI Go 3.1.0 which is the current version. Looks like a lot of unhappy people out there. Is there a place for me to get an older IOS version if I never installed one before? Or should I give the current V 3.1.0 a go. I have installed apps before that were trashed in the iTunes reviews that worked for me fine.

Another noob question. I like what I see with Litchi. Anything wrong with running both apps? (Not at same time I guess?)

Wouldn't know, I'm in a boat very similar to yours. Except I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and a 4th gen ipad. Interested to see what you find though!

I have an iPhone 6+ that runs the latest 3.1.0 and I have no problems whatsoever. I use it for the PS3 and P4 and don't seem to have either the App or firmware issues of others, I'd try installing it, see how it goes and if necessary you can roll back the app to a previous version through links on this forum. If this is your first drone experience then it may be difficult to compare it to anything so that may be a challenge. As for Litchi, a lot of people swear by it but I don't have any experience with it. Happy flying.

I have updated to 3.1.0

the menu item for photo and video has disappeared....

How do I change video format setting?????

Is there a manual to be found?

I am getting my first Phantom P3 Pro this week and have been busy researching apps and manuals. I have an iPhone 6 and was reading the reviews for the DJI Go 3.1.0 which is the current version. Looks like a lot of unhappy people out there. Is there a place for me to get an older IOS version if I never installed one before? Or should I give the current V 3.1.0 a go. I have installed apps before that were trashed in the iTunes reviews that worked for me fine.

Another noob question. I like what I see with Litchi. Anything wrong with running both apps? (Not at same time I guess?)
You can have both apps installed but need to force stop the DJI Go when switching to Litchi. No need to uninstall and reinstall as one poster was doing and unhappy. Force stop Litchi when switching to DJI Go.

Last edited:
At least since I first got my P3S, DJI GO has always had terrible reviews in both the Google Play store and the Apple App store. I started out with a Nexus 7 2013 and never had any serious issues with the app. People who use it and don't have any issues aren't as likely to leave reviews as those who do have issues with it. So while there could be plenty of people out there happily using it, the majority of the reviews are probably coming from those who have had bad experiences with it.

I will say that the iOS version of the app appears to be more polished and stable, which is why I recently switched to an iPad Mini 2. The Android version did crash on me a few times, and I got signal warnings fairly often, but overall it was ok. However the thought of the app crashing or whatever mid-flight was always there, hence the reason I switched to an iPad Mini 2.

Hmm....great.

Well not long now and I'll answer my own questions for the next guy.
Hopefully it works since buying an iPad isn't an option for quite a long time.

I am hopeful though since my friend let me connect my Samsung to his standard and it seemed to work
Until my phone died altogether...which could just be that it was on 35% and does that fairly often anyway.

I'm hopeful anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20