Is a Bulging Battery Really a Bulging Battery?

K

Kubelwagen

So what actually causes one of our batteries to bulge? I ask because I have several and one of them, with 5 cycles on it, is puffy. It isn't the actual battery cells bulging but air trapped in the silver housing.

Does that mean a cell is leaking and the result is an expansion of gasses? It seems to perform as well as the others.

So what actually causes one of our batteries to bulge? I ask because I have several and one of them, with 5 cycles on it, is puffy. It isn't the actual battery cells bulging but air trapped in the silver housing.

Does that mean a cell is leaking and the result is an expansion of gasses? It seems to perform as well as the others.

Asking why they swell up on any of these forums is a roll of the dice as you'll get all kinds of opinions. Do the research online from wikipedia to battery manufactures for the correct answers you're looking for.

I have to batteries that are over 20 months old. One has been cycled 47 times with no swelling while the other has been cycled 35 times and is swelling both batteries have a flight time of around 6 minutes.

Yeah but it's more fun to post question like that on here. Besides, if I just find my own answers and go away, no one else has the benefit of reading what the answers might be. And that's what these forums are for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20