iRec / SHOU Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and

Re: iRec / SHOU Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone

not sure what happened but crashed when I updated. So I reset my phone since I only use this one for FPV and now I cannot download the app :roll:

Which version of Shou or Shou.TV are you guys using? Apple app store, emu4ios or Cydia?

From my limited understanding of Apple app processes, it seems the certificate used to sign the app for use on iOS has been revoked. From their twitter account, they're suggesting a new version is coming within the next week that will use another cert. I'm guessing only then can we install Emu4IOS and those apps again.

I installed the Apple store version today just to see the difference from the Cydia version (which is only a recorder/streamer and no ads or fluff) so it still works. The Apple app store version seems to be buried in ads and junk. I am assuming it is a hidden feature in the app store version.

From what I understand (and from the reviews), the App Store version of Shou does not have any recording features, just 'live streaming'.

Morgon said:
From what I understand (and from the reviews), the App Store version of Shou does not have any recording features, just 'live streaming'.
Right I just checked it out and deleted it

My friend has update iOS to latest version and has confirmed that his shou does not work now. Mine still does fine on iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6 Plus.

Also, anyone having issues with Shou recording a black screen on the FPV, make sure you have Assistive Touch on, AND that you move the circle to underneath your video when flying. I found that once i move the circle to overlap the actual FPV video region, the black screen becomes active in the Shou recording.

Okay, now mine is not working. Just crashes upon opening it. :(

I had it and was working fine till I did a reset to my mini and now I can't get Em4ios store to load to get it back :? Tried setting date back but that didn't work ?

If you're using Shou, you don't need the emu4ios store, it seems.
Visit http://shou.tv/i with Safari on your iOS device. I feel dumb; can't believe it took me this long to try it.

Morgon said:
Visit http://shou.tv/i with Safari on your iOS device. I feel dumb; can't believe it took me this long to try it.
:D Thanks for that and will try now !! I really liked it when I had it as I could save my runs to album and worked way better than irec for me anyway !! Thanks again ;)

Edit / Worked great but did see ya have to have your button on mini on the left or it records upside down but that's not an issue at all and glad to have it back ! Thanks again Morgan :D

dirkclod said:
Edit / Worked great but did see ya have to have your button on mini on the left or it records upside down but that's not an issue at all and glad to have it back ! Thanks again Morgan :D
If you tap the (i) on the main screen next to 'Start Recording', you can change the Orientation setting. I haven't tested it, but if it works, that should let you turn your device how you want.

Morgon said:
dirkclod said:
If you tap the (i) on the main screen next to 'Start Recording', you can change the Orientation setting. I haven't tested it, but if it works, that should let you turn your device how you want.
Hadn't tried it yet but will . I was just gonna make sure I put my mini on that side . Good to know though ;)

Just tried it and had it recording and had a crash but when I try and play the recording back all I se is the app info and a black screen ? would really like to see clipping the tree from it but not sure what I did wrong . Did find it and even took a screenshot from where it was sitting but not sure how to retrieve the recording .
Had to climb up that cedar to shake it out :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0531.PNG
    IMG_0531.PNG
    910 KB · Views: 554

dirkclod said:
Just tried it and had it recording and had a crash but when I try and play the recording back all I se is the app info and a black screen ? would really like to see clipping the tree from it but not sure what I did wrong . Did find it and even took a screenshot from where it was sitting but not sure how to retrieve the recording .
Had to climb up that cedar to shake it out :lol:

I have read you have to turn on assistive touch or it will not record. I haven't tried it, because I'm at work. Simple test is to turn on the setting in accessibility and record yourself typing a message or taking a picture. If it works then it is ready to fly.

Here is the attention box as soon as I opened shou

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423209169.303306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423209169.303306.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 539

Works very smooth for iPhone 6 & iPad air2 on version 8.1.3

For anyone wondering, you must have the assistive touch on and move the circle over the video region. It can be under the actual video, but once it enters the video region, the black screen will be eliminated.

Morgon said:

Wow, IT WORKS AGAIN!!!! Thank YOU! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT