iPhone sunshade possibility

mcurrier said:
Mine is somewhat similar, I made it from black foam core. I even cut a curved part out at the top for my head to rest in on very sunny days. Mine is very, very deep. I am using it with a 7" Lenovo A1000 tablet.

Don't be shy now lets see a photo :)

Shrimpfarmer said:
mcurrier said:
Mine is somewhat similar, I made it from black foam core. I even cut a curved part out at the top for my head to rest in on very sunny days. Mine is very, very deep. I am using it with a 7" Lenovo A1000 tablet.

Don't be shy now lets see a photo :)

Photo? Then I have to walk downstairs, find a camera, find a camera card, turn on the lights, find a clear spot to shoot the…

Oh, whatever... Here are a few pics.

Somewhat crude, but it does the job. And, it is VERY light weight. I have it attached to the 7" tablet by a mini-bungee which goes across the screen, but it really does not interfere with the view. I usually keep my head buried in the screen hood. I always fly with a second person as a spotter who has binoculars.

Attachments

• IMG_4876.jpg
    IMG_4876.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_4877.jpg
    IMG_4877.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 498
Shrimpfarmer said:
Now thats a big one. Great idea to build it so that your head acts as a door blocking out even more light. Love it ! Thanks for posting.

Yeah…idea…that's it… :lol: This thing was born out of pure frustration. And…I'm using a 7" screen. I don't know how anyone flies with only a small phone screen.

Seriously, my first few flights I was out there with a jacket over my head trying to fly this thing over a 300 acre farm in bright sun. I had a spotter with me, but it was a nightmare. The jacket kept slipping off of my head, I was trying to fly and see where I was going and it just was NOT working. I got pretty annoyed. So, when I got home I built this thing and it has worked great so far.

Only current problem is that I'm trying to balance it on the iPhone holder clip. I need to get a radio tray to attach it to so I'm not doing a juggling act while trying to fly. Kind of hard to enjoy flying yet when I need three hands to hold stuff. I have a wi-fi extender antenna on the front of the tx which adds a bit of additional awkwardness. Having a good time though.

I've found a better way to use the glarestomper on my iPhone. I didn't want to stick Velcro to my phone case or to buy another case. It occurred to me that what I needed was some elastic Velcro. When I couldn't find it by the foot or yard in a fabric store, I went to walmart and bought a pack of these for about $5.

y2e5apa5.jpg

gy6e8a8a.jpg

I measured the phone in its case and cut the appropriate amount out of one of the straps to make a loop that would stretch fit around the phone and be tight enough to stay in place fairly well. I then glued the ends together with some flexible contact cement and clamped it overnight. This is the result:

uda3y3yd.jpg

It slips on and off the phone easily and holds the glarestomper in place so that it's easily clamped to the P2V controller.

arinvideo said:
Im trying to make one for 3d printing.. I'm almost done with the modeling its not pretty but it just may work. Will post updates once its printed.

I want one!!! R u selling these yet?

Sledge said:
arinvideo said:
Im trying to make one for 3d printing.. I'm almost done with the modeling its not pretty but it just may work. Will post updates once its printed.

I want one!!! R u selling these yet?

I have to remodel it again.. I made everything too thick when I uploaded to shape ways they wanted 40 bucks to print it. Il try to work on it over the weekend and il happily share the file not looking to make anything.

arinvideo said:
I have to remodel it again.. I made everything too thick when I uploaded to shape ways they wanted 40 bucks to print it. Il try to work on it over the weekend and il happily share the file not looking to make anything.

Maybe you have tried a paper/card mock up already but if not then I urge you to test the effectiveness of the depth of your shield before paying out to have it printed. I was shocked to see how deep they need to be. Even when its deep there will be some reflections.

Attachments

• _DSC1429.jpg
    _DSC1429.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 380
  • _DSC1508.jpg
    _DSC1508.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 359
  • _DSC1475.jpg
    _DSC1475.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 338
Custom Hand Crafted Sunshade Magnifier and Props Protector.
American-Made

Available on my Ebay Store!

Ebay Store:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/miltonernesto

Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Mega
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
iPhone 4
iPhone 5

They Are offered for the Sunshade Magnifier at my Ebay Store:

Ebay store:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/miltonernesto

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AmayaMilton

Best wishes

Milton Amaya

Attachments

• _DSC1447 (1).jpg
    _DSC1447 (1).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 349
  • _DSC1449.jpg
    _DSC1449.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 400
  • _DSC1386.jpg
    _DSC1386.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 369
Pull_Up said:
Got my Glarestomper - really quick delivery, too. I have a Nexus 4 and I bought a gel-type bumper case from Amazon for £3 to use with the Glarestomper. I snipped up the velcro strap and stuck it to the edges of the bumper case avoiding power switch, etc.

It works perfectly, holds its shape nicely, phone+bumper+Glarestomper fits in the Tx clip without issue. Really neat solution. Best of all when I'm finished the Glarestomper and bumper can go into the flight case flat, so they fit under the foam in the lid, for example, taking up virtually no room.

Recommended. Thanks for letting me know about this one.
I was wondering are your hands accessible to operate the controls and settings ?

Yes, it doesn't get in the way at all - which is why it won't kill all the glare. There is no bottom side to it: look at the middle picture at the top of their home page http://www.glarestomper.com/

The only way to kill any glare completely is to go for a fully enclosed tunnel-type arrangement (seen a few home made ones out of black card, or styrene, etc) which will restrict access to the screen unless you cut a flap in it for your fingers, the "stick your head in a black shirt draped over the whole thing" method, or to go down the HDMI-in goggles plugged in to your device.

I don't do FPV-only flying, so seeing with absolute clarity isn't important for me. My shade cuts out enough of the glare that I can frame shots, see the radar display and battery %, etc. I still have to adjust the phone orientation and remember not to wear light- coloured clothing, though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav