iPhone or iPad

Reaction score
Is there can advantage to using the DJI Go app. on the iPhone or iPad?
ipad is way to big and heavy I think. I use my iPhone 8.

Bigger screen, better view of what your camera sees. Especially if you have older eyes ?.
Very true I understand. Definitely nice to have a big screen. I’d have to set up some kind of contraption to hold the iPad and remote box..

Flying my Phantom 3S, I place my iPad with a 10.2 inch screen inside a sun visor that in turn is placed inside a shoulder bag that I sling around my neck. Zero glare, though a bit odd looking, to be seen staring into a bag while holding a controller sporting triple ArgTek whip antennae, arrayed in a mildly menacing fashion.

Flying my Phantom 3S, I place my iPad with a 10.2 inch screen inside a sun visor that in turn is placed inside a shoulder bag that I sling around my neck. Zero glare, though a bit odd looking, to be seen staring into a bag while holding a controller sporting triple ArgTek whip antennae, arrayed in a mildly menacing fashion.
I can only imagine. Ill keep using my iPhone for now.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
This is the harness I use. One of the best accessories I've bought for flying when iPad weight is an issue.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Is there can advantage to using the DJI Go app. on the iPhone or iPad?
ipad is way to big and heavy I think. I use my iPhone 8.
A full-size iPad is too bulky for many users but an 8 inch tablet is the Goldilocks solution, providing plenty of screen area without the bulk and weight of the bigger screen.
If you are an apple fan, look at the iPad mini.

This is the harness I use. One of the best accessories I've bought for flying when iPad weight is an issue.
Thanks, the jets I fly don’t have anything complex like that but our iPads are on side mounts. I’ll think ? about that..

Thanks, the jets I fly don’t have anything complex like that but our iPads are on side mounts. I’ll think ? about that..
I'm not sure it would handle a side-mounted iPad weight well, Phtm3.

Both are compatible to the P3 systems. The phone is not so heavy as the pad. But the view on a pad is better than on a phone.

Phtm3. I use both an IPhone 6 & iPad 9.7” gen5. I have a holder mounted on the controller that can hold either device and I use a lanyard attached to the controller and worn around my neck for weight support and it works well. I’ve also used a camera tripod with a tablet holder, which I set a eye height and stand beside the tripod to view the image on the iPad.

Reactions: Phtm3
A full-size iPad is too bulky for many users but an 8 inch tablet is the Goldilocks solution, providing plenty of screen area without the bulk and weight of the bigger screen.
If you are an apple fan, look at the iPad mini.
Hi, I’m fairly new to Drones and although my iPhone 10 works well I’m looking at an iPad mini 4 as a better option. Having said that do I need a “Celular” model or any other specifications for that matter? Thanks.

Hi, I’m fairly new to Drones and although my iPhone 10 works well I’m looking at an iPad mini 4 as a better option. Having said that do I need a “Celular” model or any other specifications for that matter? Thanks.
The drone and the app don't need cellular connection for flying.
Many fliers use wifi only tablets all the time.
If you did want internet data to download maps (not necessary but some like them), you can do it from home or hotspot from your phone to get them.

The drone and the app don't need cellular connection for flying.
Many fliers use wifi only tablets all the time.
If you did want internet data to download maps (not necessary but some like them), you can do it from home or hotspot from your phone to get them.
That’s great thanks very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan