iPhone 8 256

That depends on how much 4K video you would like to have on your phone, I don’t plan on storing any. Raid and cloud storage is more practical and safer.

64GB is fine. The 4K video will only be stored on the memory card in your Phantom (unless you manually copy it to your phone).

I am thinking more for commercial use. You can show a client photos and raw videos from the DJI go app to make sure you have the best shots before you leave the site.

Are you planning on storing footage straight out of a drone, or are you planning on storing fully edited 4K videos? Go with the 64 GB if you are only storing edited videos.

I am thinking more for commercial use. You can show a client photos and raw videos from the DJI go app to make sure you have the best shots before you leave the site.
If I were going for commercial use, I would go with a tablet or a fast laptop. The video feed from the drone to the phone is not going to be 4K, it's going to be much lower in resolution. If the image quality to the client is important, then get something like a Microsoft Surface Pro. You can pop in the memory card from the drone and play it on a larger and higher resolution screen than what would be on the phone. You could also an iPad Pro, but you would need a memory card adapter hanging off the iPad. The Surface Pro would be easier to use in that regard.

64 Gb should be good enough

You should consider a wifi portable HD with a SD slot. That what I use. Connect to it with your phone and you can preview footage, makes for a great way to back up your cards in the field.

64 cuts it close for a phone, unless you plan to offload and erase your phones video pretty regularly.
If that’s your phone you’ll use for everything, you’ll want the space.
128 is ideal, and for some reason apple decided on 64 and 256 this time around...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3