iPad mini wont connect to controller

I have had Apple iPad Mini 6 connection issue with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1. I could finally connect the iPad Mini 6 using the Syntech USB-C to USB-A connector & USB cable to connect the mobile device to the RC. I tested two iOS mobile devices iPad Mini 6 with Syntech connector & iPad Air with the RC. Both these iOS devices has unstable video reception on the mobile device screens. The SD card recordings are stable and has no issues. I also tested the RC with Android device which do not have any unstable video issues.

Screen recordings can be viewed at
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Appreciate any help from members who have had similar issue and has resolved it.

I have had Apple iPad Mini 6 connection issue with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro V1. I could finally connect the iPad Mini 6 using the Syntech USB-C to USB-A connector & USB cable to connect the mobile device to the RC. I tested two iOS mobile devices iPad Mini 6 with Syntech connector & iPad Air with the RC. Both these iOS devices has unstable video reception on the mobile device screens. The SD card recordings are stable and has no issues. I also tested the RC with Android device which do not have any unstable video issues.

Screen recordings can be viewed at

Appreciate any help from members who have had similar issue and has resolved it.

I would imagine it depends on your cables ability to transmit at the required speed. the gauge of the wires in the cable would affect the data transfer.

The same cable works fine with my Mini 3 Pro.
It depends what the controller is demanding.
Not all controllers and usb cables are created equal. can not compare apples and oranges.

My Air worked fine with the Mini 6 and the P4P did not. not using the adapter i can use do4 app and GS Pro app with the P4P

It depends what the controller is demanding.
Not all controllers and usb cables are created equal. can not compare apples and oranges.

My Air worked fine with the Mini 6 and the P4P did not. not using the adapter i can use do4 app and GS Pro app with the P4P
Don't quiet agree with your views. I used the same USB C cable with my Android mobile device with the same RC. It works flawlessly.

Yes correct with Android it works. Mine too. Its between the cable and Apple new devices. Which needs high transition rate. I have done many many combinations to get mine to work.

Yes correct with Android it works. Mine too. Its between the cable and Apple new devices. Which needs high transition rate. I have done many many combinations to get mine to work.
When connecting devices with different USB versions, the data transfer rate will be limited by the slowest of the connected devices. The P4P V1 RC has USB-A as such using high transmission cables is of no use. I am using a USB-C cable rated at 3.1

Can you please give the USB-C cable rating and brand?

I had same issue with my Phantom 4 and iPad mini 6. But finally DJI Go 4 app could be detected by my iPad mini 6 thanks to Syntech adapter which is mentioned above. I have tried several USB-C to A adapter purchased from amazon, but all failed before. but now Syntech adapter + Anker USB-C 1.5m cable made success.
Even this combination, several attempt was needed to connect finally. Disconnect and Connect cable several times keeping DJI Go 4 app active on iPad mini 6 and RC power on.

I had same issue with my Phantom 4 and iPad mini 6. But finally DJI Go 4 app could be detected by my iPad mini 6 thanks to Syntech adapter which is mentioned above. I have tried several USB-C to A adapter purchased from amazon, but all failed before. but now Syntech adapter + Anker USB-C 1.5m cable made success.
Even this combination, several attempt was needed to connect finally. Disconnect and Connect cable several times keeping DJI Go 4 app active on iPad mini 6 and RC power on.
But did you have an unstable screen as shown in the screen recording

But did you have an unstable screen as shown in the screen recording
I just tested only at home when Syntech adapter arrived. As long as I tested in house, the screen seems to move smoothly.. I will test outside next days.

I just tested only at home when Syntech adapter arrived. As long as I tested in house, the screen seems to move smoothly.. I will test outside next days.
Yes. Mine too works at home. The trouble starts when I fly outdoors.

Yes. Mine too works at home. The trouble starts when I fly outdoors.
I tried to fly Phantom4 with iPad mini6 at outdoor.
The screen seems good. But Go 4 app detected RC only once per 20 attempt of cable connection.
Not 100% reproductivity for me.... and Only 1 time the connection between RC and iPad was terminated just before flying...
I'm not sure but I wonder if some voltage balance between RC and iPadmini6 may affect to connectivity....
Connection at home (iPad 72% - RC >80% charge) was quite better than Connection at fly field (iPad 100% -RC >80% charge).
Just my impression...

[VIDEO] Phantom4 with iPad mini6

Last edited:
I tried to fly Phantom4 with iPad mini6 at outdoor.
The screen seems good. But Go 4 app detected RC only once per 20 attempt of cable connection.
Not 100% reproductivity for me.... and Only 1 time the connection between RC and iPad was terminated just before flying...
I'm not sure but I wonder if some voltage balance between RC and iPadmini6 may affect to connectivity....
Connection at home (iPad 72% - RC >80% charge) was quite better than Connection at fly field (iPad 100% -RC >80% charge).
Just my impression...

[VIDEO] Phantom4 with iPad mini6
Same here. At home connects fine. Field flying it takes several attempts and unstable video screen. The SD card recording is fine. At least for you once connected the screen video is stable.

Reactions: PapaMYGW
Hey guys, I follow this thread because I am to buy a new ipad mini. Right now I am on ipad mini 4 which seems insufficient to handle latest DJI Go 4 and especially Map Pilot Pro which I use for my mapping missions.
I bought a USB-C to USB-A adapter (not the syntech) and tried to a friend's ipad pro but it won't connect. Tried different cables and the apple's original usbc to usbc with the adapter but no luck.
The controller is GL300C and I have also a GL300F but didn't try on this one.
Right now it seems people are having problems with ipad mini 6 even if it connects with the adapter it is not stable.
So my question is, instead of buying an older ipad mini 5 should i buy the new ipad 2021 10.2"? Will it work?

Hey guys, I follow this thread because I am to buy a new ipad mini. Right now I am on ipad mini 4 which seems insufficient to handle latest DJI Go 4 and especially Map Pilot Pro which I use for my mapping missions.
I bought a USB-C to USB-A adapter (not the syntech) and tried to a friend's ipad pro but it won't connect. Tried different cables and the apple's original usbc to usbc with the adapter but no luck.
Right now it seems people are having problems with ipad mini 6 even if it connects with the adapter it is not stable.
So my question is, instead of buying an older ipad mini 5 should i buy the new ipad 2021 10.2"? Will it work?
Syntech adaptor has worked for some with the GL300F RC and iPad mini6. It however did not work for me. I had tried iPad air which has lightening connector and an older version of iOS. I still had unstable videos. I do not have any issues with Android mobile devices, which makes me conclude it is a firmware issue. It appears DJI is silent and do not wish to resolve this issue.

Syntech adaptor has worked for some with the GL300F RC and iPad mini6. It however did not work for me. I had tried iPad air which has lightening connector and an older version of iOS. I still had unstable videos. I do not have any issues with Android mobile devices, which makes me conclude it is a firmware issue. It appears DJI is silent and do not wish to resolve this issue.
My android phone has usb-c and connects fine to the rc but I need to work with iOS in order to use Map Pilot Pro.
Maybe the iPad Air can't keep up also? What cpu does it have? Maybe try to re-link the Rc with the P4P to see if it helps?

My android phone has usb-c and connects fine to the rc but I need to work with iOS in order to use Map Pilot Pro.
Maybe the iPad Air can't keep up also? What cpu does it have? Maybe try to re-link the Rc with the P4P to see if it helps?
I don't have the iPad Air with me any more to check the CPU. I had borrowed it from a friend to test. Please let me know if ipad 2021 10.2" works for you.

I cannot answer to your question, but I have phantom4 with GL300C. This rc work with my iPad mini6 with Syntech adapter but the connection representation is not 100%. On the other had, I also have iPad pro 11 (1st gen iOS15.6.1), and it completely work with my GL300C RC w/o any problem using normal USB-A / USB-C cable. Only the problem is that its heavy and too big to fix to the holder of RC…

DJI Go4 iPad pro 11

Last edited:
Reactions: OzoneTech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers