iPad mini wont connect to controller

Reaction score
I recently picked up a phantom 4 pro (v1) and when trying to connect my iPad mini with USB-C it won’t connect to the controller. I have tried with my iPhone and it connects to the controller and drone fine, it’s just the iPad that doesn’t work. Has anyone experienced this?

Delete and reinstall Go 4 on iPad.
Assume you're using same ios cable with both iPhone and iPad as cables are often the problem as well.

Delete and reinstall app is not the issue, this is everyone first response, does not help.

The Ipad mini 6 uses USB C. I can not connect go4 app to the Phantom 4 pro V1. It connects just fine to my Mavic Air. So its a software issue with go4 on the mini 6 to the P4P.
BTW: the P4P work just fine on my Galaxy note 20 ultra. so it is not a P4P problem.

i was online with tech support and no help there. it boils down to an incompatibility issue with the p4p controller firmware and the go4 app from all indications i see.
because the go4 app works just fine with the mavic air and the Ipad mini 6

I have an iPad mini and Phantom 4 Pro v2.0.
The first try to connect didn't work, then I tried with my GoPro cable and it worked well.
I believe iOs is more sensitive to cable quality.
Make sure you are using a good quality cable designed for data (some cables are designed only for charging).

Reactions: toddlange13
I have used several, even the one from my Mavic Air stock cable no luck. They work just fine with the Mini 6 and Mavic Air.

Hi!
I have been reading the post with much interest. I too have had several connection issue with my mobile device connecting to my P4P until I started using Samsung Tab S3. Since then, I have had no issues and P4P works fine. Now that my Samsung Tab S3 is spoilt beyond repair I am getting my i Pad mini 6 by the end of this month. I am a bit concerned by joecnc2006's posts. I have the following questions:

1. Will changing to Litchi resolve this issue? (I am of the assumption that Litchi is available for both Android and iOS). I have heard people say Litchi is not hardware dependent.
2. I have two controllers for my P4P- The + version (GL300E) and one without the screen (GL300F). The + version runs on Android. If I use the one without the built in screen with iOS (iPad mini 6) will there be any connectivity issue while linking the RC with the AC?
3. I also have a Mavic Mini (1), I hope it should have no issues connecting to the i Pad mini 6.

I have used several, even the one from my Mavic Air stock cable no luck. They work just fine with the Mini 6 and Mavic Air.
Did you manage to connect the Mini 6 with P4P V1? Mine does not connect. Please let me know if you have managed to connect.

The Phantom 4 Pro v1 does not work with any USB-C iPads after the iOS 14.6 update. Period. We have been waiting for months for a firmware or app update and are having no luck at all. Phantom 4 Pro v. 2.0 works fine with USB-C iPads, v. 1 not at all. Lightning iPads, even on iOS 15 work fine, the problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C or Thunderbolt (latest models) iPad Pro, iPad mini 6, or iPad Air 4 tablets.

The Phantom 4 Pro v1 does not work with any USB-C iPads after the iOS 14.6 update. Period. We have been waiting for months for a firmware or app update and are having no luck at all. Phantom 4 Pro v. 2.0 works fine with USB-C iPads, v. 1 not at all. Lightning iPads, even on iOS 15 work fine, the problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C or Thunderbolt (latest models) iPad Pro, iPad mini 6, or iPad Air 4 tablets.
I wonder why DJI is not interested in coming up with an firmware update to fix this issue.

I actually have it working on an ipad pro 12.9" 2018, but I got it all connected while I had iOS 14. Post-15 update on that ipad, all is good. However, I just got an ipad mini 2021 and it will not connect. I was able to connect the mini to my Mavic Air 2 with no problem.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 179

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic