iPad Mini 4 with Otterbox fitment

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the forum anticipating the purchase of the Phantom 3 Standard, and I ordered an iPad Mini 4 to use with the controller. From what i'm reading online, the clip that comes with the controller can accommodate up to 6.75in wide. I use Otterbox Defenders with all my devices, and i would prefer to use one with this, and from what i'm seeing, the width of the case is 6.38in. I have done some searches on the forums and some say that this setup is too wide for the standard holder. So is this 6.75in number I found here (Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help) incorrect, or is there something i'm missing and this will work? Thanks!

That 6.75" measurement only applies when using a Phantom remote controller with a tablet holder. You'll need to replace the P3S phone clip with a mount that can hold a tablet. You can find some options here and here.

Reactions: LuxePhotoSTL
Oh interesting, I did not know that. Thanks!

Checking out the options you listed, I would probably now want to drill into the controller itself, just don't feel comfortable doing that. I do like that mount from Rave Aerial coupled with the Square Jellyfish. looks like the ipad air mount would be better since it would accommodate an otterbox defender.

Do you know people who run these two together? My question is how to get the Rave Aerial since I live in the US and their site has UK pricing.

Last edited:
Just FYI, I use the Inspire mount but I installed it without any drilling. Instead, I removed the thumbscrew (the portion that would actually thread into the plastic, should you decide to drill the RC) from the mount and put some double-sided 3M VHB tape on the portion of the mount that runs flat against the RC. More difficult to explain that to do. There's quite a gap, so I ended up using a small strip of lexan "sandwich-ed" between two strips of VHB tape. It's rock solid, at least for my 7" tablet.

I've also seen people on this forum use a simple GoPro mount: it does not have the OEM look of the DJI Inspire mount, but it seems to work quite well, it's clean and does not require any drilling or mods to the RC. Here's a link: Custom Tablet mount

Yes I did see that online when i was looking into that mount, so i probably will end up going that route to avoid drilling into the unit. Now to find out what's the thickness of the mount to accommodate some sort of a case for the ipad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4