iPad mini 4 heat

Reaction score
I have a P4P and use an iPad mini 4.
I've noticed the mini 4 gets pretty darned warm after I blow through a couple of drone batteries.
I've found the X-Naut iPad cooling system but for $220 I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, and if it's worth the $$?

Sorry no help with that product but FWIW I was also experiencing that same issue with my mini 4. Purchased the Litchi app and it runs so much cleaner I haven't had any green screens or choppy video on the iPad mini. It has been good so far.

I have a P4P and use an iPad mini 4.
I've noticed the mini 4 gets pretty darned warm after I blow through a couple of drone batteries.
I've found the X-Naut iPad cooling system but for $220 I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, and if it's worth the $$?
It doesn't look compatible with the RC clip.

I have the same pad. Never noticed the heat issues this Spring, Summer has been a different story.
From your experience, what are the biggest differences with the Litchi app?

(I know, Google is you friend! I'd like to know from the user experience.)

I have the same pad. Never noticed the heat issues this Spring, Summer has been a different story.
From your experience, what are the biggest differences with the Litchi app?

(I know, Google is you friend! I'd like to know from the user experience.)
In my limited flight time with this app I'd have to say the way point feature is what I like about it. I haven't had any dropped vid signals and I don't have to be tied to DJI go. Oh also you can record your screen and do audio from your tablet, which I haven't tried yet but cool features nonetheless. I'm new with the app and have seen a lot of youtube vids some are dated but still relevant. I know there are many others on here that have the app and much more experience with it. After reading a lot of threads I finally bought it and don't regret the purchase.

In my limited flight time with this app I'd have to say the way point feature is what I like about it. I haven't had any dropped vid signals and I don't have to be tied to DJI go. Oh also you can record your screen and do audio from your tablet, which I haven't tried yet but cool features nonetheless. I'm new with the app and have seen a lot of youtube vids some are dated but still relevant. I know there are many others on here that have the app and much more experience with it. After reading a lot of threads I finally bought it and don't regret the purchase.
I have to 2nd ImFly's comment about LITCHI....the mission planning on my desk-top feature is great! I can send the bird out..... loose the signal or even turn off the remote controller and the AC continues thru the planned way-points, take videos, photos as directed and comes home with no issues! You do need to be very careful with the waypoint altitudes......yes I clipped a roof-top with my previous P4 but LITCHI now shows all waypoint elevations relevant to the homepoint....it was my fault for the crash but I am very happy with my new P4P and Litchi..

I still use DJIGO and the various flight modes much more than the Litchi app for most of my flying but for planned missions you can't beat Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl