Ipad and device question?

Reaction score
I've been using an Ipad Air 2 now for over 2 years. It's done a very nice job for me. But in the last 7-8 months it has been glitching more than it did for the first year or so. Is this because DJI is demanding more processor out of our devices to run their software? If so, should one go with the Ipad Pro models now? I don't want to do the Crystal Sky tbo. I def want a much brighter screen though. My friends Ipad Pro10in looks way brighter than my Air 2.

I've been using an Ipad Air 2 now for over 2 years. It's done a very nice job for me. But in the last 7-8 months it has been glitching more than it did for the first year or so. Is this because DJI is demanding more processor out of our devices to run their software? If so, should one go with the Ipad Pro models now? I don't want to do the Crystal Sky tbo. I def want a much brighter screen though. My friends Ipad Pro10in looks way brighter than my Air 2.

Glad you asked this as my p4p has been in storage for a year and used to be fine on iPad mini 2 and now screen glitches like crazy where I have to fly using the map. Got a message on iPad saying cpu full on iPad hmmmm, guess this is as you mention the processor in too much demand. Need a fix to this problem too, thanks.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I’m not too sure about the processor idea. I just got the iPad Pro 10.5” and it still freezes up like the iPad Air I had. Wish I knew what was wrong.

I use an iPad mini 4, and I get high CPU usage warnings on occasion. One thing you can do, is to stop caching your video on the device. The newer FW definately uses more CPU than it used to.
Edit:Also clearing out your cache in settings helps.

Last edited:
I use an iPad mini 4, and I get high CPU usage warnings on occasion. One thing you can do, is to stop caching your video on the device. The newer FW definately uses more CPU than it used to.
Edit:Also clearing out your cache in settings helps.
Thx for the info here Ripper7620! I will try keeping the cache cleaned up. I never think about that option. LOL

Reactions: Ripper7620
I have been using an iPad mini4 with my P4P and have been getting the CPU full message recently. It didn’t do that when I first got the drone just a few months ago. I will try clearing my cache.

Because I specifically bought the iPad mini 4 for the P4P, I haven't tried flying with the 10.5" iPad, I think I'm gonna give it a try to see how much of a performance difference there is. I'm tired of the green screens from the CPU overload of the mini 4.

I am using the ipad with a 9.7 inch and it is working great. Brand new so nothing on the hard drive and a fast processor. I am using solely for flying.

You still needed a shade? That’s one thing I can say about the new pro, the screen is incredible. No shade needed yet.
Yes, I have the newest 10.5" Pro, and at maximum illumination, I still got significant reflection off the display, sun shade comes tomorrow.

That's odd. I have the same iPad and have no issues with reflexion. Maybe I just haven't been in bright enough sun?
It really depends on your time of day and your angle that your standing at and what is reflecting onto your screen I think. When I need to fly close I use my Hoodman full face piece. Works so good but I hate the big contraption tbo! LOL

I started with my older Air 2. No Problems. But I use it for post edit too!

I then bought a Ipad 2017 cellular for JUST FLYING. It stays clean and no surfing with it. It does good, except for the inferior display to Air 2 and cannot open 4K video natively. I keep the Air 2 for post only, sometimes sandbox testing with older versioning.

I’ve never seen your problem, but you have to maintain these IOS devices by keeping unwanted/unused data off them. Memory/performance is linked to available memory/space, as its all memory based. Keep it clean and you may see a big difference.

I have a wireless plus 2TB drive that I offload my post data too routinely.

I'm having so many issues with the iPad Mini 4, that today I'm using my iPhone X in place of the mini 4(until my iPad 10.5 sun shade arrives tomorrow), and I'm having zero issues, the iPhone X even has a brighter screen, and not having issues using the smaller screen. Looks like the iPad Mini 4 get relegated to music production only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga