iPad Air 2 vs IPhone 8 Plus

Reaction score
Well, today I finally bit the bullet and ordered a IPhone 8 Plus (256 GB) to replace my ancient IPhone 5 (16 GB).

To fly my P3A (hobby only), I use my five month old IPad Air 2 (128 GB), which is pretty much used only for the P3A. It is wifi/cell enabled for which I pay $30/month.

Do you think I can ice the IPAD and fees, and be just as satisfied with the 8 Plus?

Is the IPad more flight savy for control/viewing/etc?

Kinda hate to sell it, but money is money...

Just wondering preliminary thoughts as I guess I'll just have to do a direct comparison when I get the 8 Plus.

Anyone "been there?"

I have the 8p. I have and have been flying on the iPad air2 for over a year.
First off, ditch the plan for your iPad. It’s 100% unnecessary.
I have yet to fly on my 8p, but bought the plus so I could maybe ditch the iPad for convenience. I fly commercial so I’ll use the iPad for that. Framing a shot is way easier on the pad. That being said, I’m sure my plus will be awesome for pleasure flying and not having to carry a pad.

Did you get your 8 + 2 work with the app? I tried my in last night and I keep getting errors that it will not work with the camera settings I have, and I have played and played with the camera settings on the phone trying to make it happen.

I haven’t flown in a while too. If I get a chance, I’ll try and connect today with my 8p.

Thank you, I would appreciate you letting me know how it works, unfortunately not really any Tech Support to figure out how to make it work together

I just flew my P4 on my 8p and it was a joy! I had no issues connecting. The colors look great and the screen felt large enough to frame a proper shot. Even in direct sunlight, it was very easy to see. Very happy.

Was on the phone with Apple tech support about a problem with my iPad. Asked about the brightness of the 8p. After a few minutes wait he came back and said it's 625 nits. I believe that's an improvement over the previous iPhones.

I just used my 8 + for about an hour this afternoon with my 3 pro, no issues connecting and I absolutely loved the colors. I was going to buy a Mini iPad but have now realized that my 8 plus will do everything I need it to do...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20