iPhone or iPad

Reaction score
I currently don’t own a computer. I have a iPhone 8 plus and an iPad Air 5th gen. Which one should I be using for pic quality without editing??? Thanks.

I currently don’t own a computer. I have a iPhone 8 plus and an iPad Air 5th gen. Which one should I be using for pic quality without editing??? Thanks.
Both of these will not easily display the SD card video from the craft, which you'll want to use, the highest quality. The cached video in the iPad/iPhone is only 720, and subject to disruption from connection limitations occasionally. You can read the SD card video in either device with an Apple SD card adapter for the lightning USB interface, but your display won't be a native match to the 1080 (or higher) resolution of your SD card video. The larger iPad Air will look the best I think, but I'm unsure about your model. I don't think there is a model called iPad Air 5th Gen. There's the Air 2 with the X8 CPU, but the next gen is simply called iPad, with the X9 CPU. They dropped the "Air" name in the product. But if you have the new iPad, that's likely the best display to view the SD card video from an SD adapter.

At some point you'll want a computer to edit your SD card video, so you can show others your work on YT without all the mundane clips that aren't optimal. Target your videos to end up to be around 4min in length, or shorter, by removing the boring parts. Add some background music to make it interesting. Timing your video clips to change with the beat of the music is a nice touch too.

Reactions: Newbieguy
If i were you , i will choose the iPhone as the iPhone app can protect all of the iPhone data , we can edit and transfer data with it

Last edited:
You can download full-resolution images to both iPhone and iPad and even edit on either (should you want to). Lightroom is excellent especially on iPad which will be much easier to use for that purpose due to the larger screen. There are also probably lots of cheaper or free apps out there.

The big limitation is that you cannot download raw/dng images directly from dji go4, only jpeg.

Video is however very limited without a computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl