Brightness of new iPad vs iPad Air 2

Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2 that I use with my P4P and in bright sunlight, even with the hood and an anti-glare screen, it is very hard to see the iPad screen. Has anyone used the new IPad (5) 9.7 and the older iPad Air 2 and can say if it is significantly brighter? Might get the entry level version (32GB) if so - and any reason not to get the 32 GB version if only using for flying?

I have an iPad Air 2 that I use with my P4P and in bright sunlight, even with the hood and an anti-glare screen, it is very hard to see the iPad screen. Has anyone used the new IPad (5) 9.7 and the older iPad Air 2 and can say if it is significantly brighter? Might get the entry level version (32GB) if so - and any reason not to get the 32 GB version if only using for flying?

The brightness difference between the 2 you mentioned is not significant, you will still have issues in the sun. The new DJI CrystalSky Monitor are proving themselves as a better alternative for being sunlight readable.

Thanks. Looks like that is a >$800 option for the bigger screen. Hope I won't have to go that route.

Not for the High Brightness model which is about $600 plus the mount. These are still substantially brighter than the iPads. The Ultra Brightness which is >$800 is not yet available and will be a game changer when it becomes available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl