IPad 2 Mini

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was just curious, I have been using an IPad 2 Mini with my P4 since I purchased it. Overall it works fine, although if I try to stream video over 4 mbps I get breakups and green boxes. Outside of that, I really haven’t seen any issues. However, I noticed the 2 is no longer supported by DJI Go. Is that the case and is there functionality I am missing the might justify an upgrade? Also, any thoughts on the Crystalsky vs an IPad?

Thanks

Hi all,

Was just curious, I have been using an IPad 2 Mini with my P4 since I purchased it. Overall it works fine, although if I try to stream video over 4 mbps I get breakups and green boxes. Outside of that, I really haven’t seen any issues. However, I noticed the 2 is no longer supported by DJI Go. Is that the case and is there functionality I am missing the might justify an upgrade? Also, any thoughts on the Crystalsky vs an IPad?

Thanks

First I've heard about this... no problems with my P3A and Mini 2. But I don't stream.

SB

If GO works now, don't upgrade! The iPad mini 2 has the A7 CPU, the minimum iPad CPU possible, so it's possible GO will evolve with added GEO tracking that will over work the iPad. But if you stop updating you should be good.

Make sure you turn off Wi-Fi on the iPad and your cell phone while flying. That can interfere with the lightbridge 2.4ghz signal from the craft.

Hi all,

Also, any thoughts on the Crystalsky vs an IPad?

Thanks

Depending on the specific iPad, CS monitors are 2 to 3 times brighter that iPads. CS units start at 1000-nit brightness and the Ultra goes up to 2000-nit. Processing power is everything that the DJI GO, GO4, and Pilot app demands. Remember DJI has developed the device with the primary purpose of running their apps and it's safe to say it is well optimized. Battery is 4-5 hours on the 1000-nit versions, far exceeding that of the iPad, and for all those who fly in warm climates, CS perform flawlessly. Below are two helpful videos to get a better idea of some CrystalSky feedback. Also, plenty of information here: DJI CrystalSky – Ultra-Bright Drone Video Monitor | Advexure

All CS units are IN STOCK here at Advexure. Give us a shout if we can help answer any specific questions. Safe flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West